Old October 3rd 12, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another Suicide at Hayes & Harlington

There was a TV programme on this only a few months ago and I seem to
remember the main reason given was that educated women were being
brought over by their families for an arranged marriage with an out
of work
uneducated layabout husband which caused friction, when the "man"
of the family is the head but the woman in the only one with any
brains.
Distress in the woman being the cause who can't see any other way
out of a bad situation.

Indeed. They have no local support network, and probably know no-one
outside the family. They've probably never heard of the Samaritans,
and couldn't return to their family back home as that would lose too
much face.

And they probably have no access to funds or passports either.

This picqued my interest. But I find the local paper reported the
previous 3 deaths at Hayes and Harlington as Keith Coutinho, 26, Enzo
Belluccia, 35, and Antonio Martinez, 20. It also reported the death of
Jason Biggs, 41, at West Drayton and Nigel Fisher, 56, on the tracks.
None of those strike me as manifestly likely to speak Urdu and to be
stuck in an arranged mariage with an uneducated husband.
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Old October 3rd 12, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin" wrote:
[...]

That's interesting. I wonder if the way that the local papers report these
suicides is the factor, rather than the ethnicity of the victims? Didn't
something like this happen recently in South Wales?
Old October 3rd 12, 10:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

On Oct 3, 3:03*pm, Clive wrote:
In message , Brian Watson
writes"CJB" wrote in message
Last Friday week there was a suicide - 'person hit by a train' - at
West Drayton on the FGW main line.
Now there has been yet another suicide at H&H on Sunday night at about
21.50.
Speaking of the 4'th suicide in as many months, John McDonnell MP H&H
stated "We need to get everyone around table and examine all possible
measures we can take to stop this from happening, because it has got
to a point where we can't just stand back."

I suppose we can rule out "living in Hayes and Harlington" as a possible
cause?

There was a TV programme on this only a few months ago and I seem to
remember the main reason given was that educated women were being
brought over by their families for an arranged marriage with an out of
work uneducated layabout husband which caused friction, when the "man"
of the family is the head but the woman in the only one with any brains.
Distress in the woman being the cause who can't see any other way out of
a bad situation.
--
Clive

A shocking expose is he

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?236122

CJB
Old October 4th 12, 03:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

LOROL!
Talk about theories bring blown out of the water!
Old October 4th 12, 07:59 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

On Oct 3, 1:43*pm, "Brian Watson" wrote:
"CJB" wrote in message

Last Friday week there was a suicide - 'person hit by a train' - at
West Drayton on the FGW main line.

Now there has been yet another suicide at H&H on Sunday night at about
21.50.

Speaking of the 4'th suicide in as many months, John McDonnell MP H&H
stated "We need to get everyone around table and examine all possible
measures we can take to stop this from happening, because it has got
to a point where we can't just stand back."

I suppose we can rule out "living in Hayes and Harlington" as a possible
cause?

--
Brian

Latest news:

http://www.uxbridgegazette.co.uk/wes...3046-31960094/

Old October 4th 12, 08:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 08:17:12 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 16:08:32 on Wed, 3 Oct
2012, d remarked:
There was a TV programme on this only a few months ago and I seem to
remember the main reason given was that educated women were being brought
over by their families for an arranged marriage with an out of work
uneducated layabout husband which caused friction, when the "man" of the
family is the head but the woman in the only one with any brains.
Distress in the woman being the cause who can't see any other way out of a
bad situation.

Indeed. They have no local support network, and probably know no-one
outside the family. They've probably never heard of the Samaritans, and
couldn't return to their family back home as that would lose too much face.

And they probably have no access to funds or passports either.

If they're that intelligent they could find out about services that could
help them or even just go to the police.

You clearly have no idea how trapped these women are in their
unfortunate situation.

Frankly I don't give a rats arse, but if they are educated indians or
pakistanis they'll almost certainly speak english and so can get themselves
help. Of course it does make one wonder where the professional liberal lefty
handwringers are in these sorts of situations. Suddenly they all go quiet
when they realise they can either defend human rights or upset some ethnics.
Apparently defending human rights isn't such a big deal after all.

B2003

Old October 4th 12, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:28:00 on Thu, 4 Oct
2012, d remarked:
You clearly have no idea how trapped these women are in their
unfortunate situation.

Frankly I don't give a rats arse

That's obvious.
Old October 4th 12, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:55:57 on
Thu, 4 Oct 2012, Basil Jet remarked:
You clearly have no idea how trapped these women are in their
unfortunate situation.

Women trapped in men's bodies, apparently.

The ones who are locked in a cupboard when their husband leaves the
house are at least prevented from throwing themselves under a train.