Old October 4th 12, 03:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another Suicide at Hayes & Harlington

In message , at 14:49:50 on Thu, 4 Oct
2012, d remarked:

So domestic abusers use computers now? What do they do, hit their spouse over
the head with them?

They monitor their spouses.

They can only monitor their spouse if they spouse writes something to be
monitored. Perhaps spouse should get a brain.

There's also spyware. This attitude of "stupid victims" really annoys
me. Are you stupid for being a victim of delayed trains?

Many people today have their support networks tied almost inextricably
to Facebook (and to some extent Facebook-alikes). Cutting themselves off
from that isn't an option.

Oh BS. If thats really the case they need to get a life and probably have
more to worry about that people abusing them.

The people in question aren't allowed "a life" (in the outside world) by
their spouses. That's the whole problem.

I'm sure you'd say they should run away, but there are significant
social and economic restraints.

ps It's quite interesting to see you trotting out the classic redneck
which need to be addressed.

Anyone whose life depends on social media is a loser.

Not if you are in effect under house arrest.

I have zero sympathy.

That's obvious. Why don't you just offer to push them under a train?

If you think thats a redneck attitude then that makes a lot of rednecks
in the UK.

Many wrongs doesn't make a right.

Old October 4th 12, 06:05 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 11:51:43 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 10:53:15 on
Thu, 4 Oct 2012, Peter Masson
remarked:
So both men, and with English names.

No-one is claiming that all the suicides are asian women.

So far, neither of the two latest seem to be confirmed suicides rather
than accident or misadventure.
Old October 4th 12, 06:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , Charles Ellson
writes
So far, neither of the two latest seem to be confirmed suicides rather
than accident or misadventure.

On the back of a lot of our K2 Speed Notices it used to say, "Accidents
don't happen, they are caused".
--
Clive
Old October 4th 12, 09:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 19:58:29 +0100, Clive
wrote:

In message , Charles Ellson
writes
So far, neither of the two latest seem to be confirmed suicides rather
than accident or misadventure.

On the back of a lot of our K2 Speed Notices it used to say, "Accidents
don't happen, they are caused".

A handy reminder whose target audience does not inevitably have
practical control of every cause.
The general distinction of an "accident" is the lack of specific
intention for the event to have happened thus possibly in accord with
the current tendency to describe many unfortunate events instead as
"incidents" unless/until displaced by later verified certainty. While
all accidents have causes, in many cases the cause might be chiefly
the opportunity for the event to have happened with minimal
contribution from the actors (and umpteen other combinations of
opportunity, intent, culpability etc.).
Old October 5th 12, 08:36 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 19:58:29 +0100
Clive wrote:
In message , Charles Ellson
writes
So far, neither of the two latest seem to be confirmed suicides rather
than accident or misadventure.

On the back of a lot of our K2 Speed Notices it used to say, "Accidents
don't happen, they are caused".

Sounds like something that was written by a personal injury parasite, sorry,
solicitor.

B2003

Old October 5th 12, 08:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 16:09:18 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
They can only monitor their spouse if they spouse writes something to be
monitored. Perhaps spouse should get a brain.

There's also spyware. This attitude of "stupid victims" really annoys
me. Are you stupid for being a victim of delayed trains?

Oh give it a rest. I can't do much about a delayed train but I can prevent
someone getting access to my computer if I bother to spend 5 friggin minutes
reading up about setting passwords. If its a shared computer then don't use it,
use a phone instead. Or are they not allowed to use the phone either?

Oh BS. If thats really the case they need to get a life and probably have
more to worry about that people abusing them.

The people in question aren't allowed "a life" (in the outside world) by
their spouses. That's the whole problem.

So who are these people? Asian women who apparently know nothing about getting
help yet are savvy with computers and social networking which their husbands
are happy for them to use?

I'm sure you'd say they should run away, but there are significant
social and economic restraints.

Like what? If they're legally in the country they'll be given benefits and
shelter if they leg it. If they can use a computer they should easily be able
to find that out.

I have zero sympathy.

That's obvious. Why don't you just offer to push them under a train?

Ah, the absurd extrapolation approach to debate. Yeah, that really works well.

If you think thats a redneck attitude then that makes a lot of rednecks
in the UK.

Many wrongs doesn't make a right.

Well you can thank idiot liberal politicians for allowing 3rd worlders to
come and live here dragging their medieval cultures with them. Perhaps the
same grand worthies might like to sort out the mess they created.

B2003

Old October 5th 12, 09:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 10:12:15 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
No, the Asian women in Hayes are not on social networks. The ones I'm
helping are elsewhere and not always computer experts (why would they
be?) but helping them does give an insight into the domestic violence
situation, and how many women are mistreated. And that includes these
ladies in Hayes.

So english woman who are savvy with social networks yet are under house
arrest by their husbands and don't know how to get help and apparently can't
use a phone? You're making this up as you go along.

B2003

Old October 5th 12, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 11:19:51 +0100
Clive wrote:
Sorry, but I don't think he is.
And there has been many Asians who have been kill in so-called honour
killing because they have brought 'Shame on the family' just watch the
news for a few weeks.

He said they werent asian. Anyway , we're getting off my point which is that
anyone who allows themselves to be bullied on a social network is an idiot.
If they causes you grief dont use them. They're a long way from being an
essential part of life for anyone apart from a few basement dwelling losers
and socially inept teenagers.

B2003