Old October 24th 12, 07:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Steaming from Olympia to Moorgate

Steam returns to the Circle Line for the 150th anniversary of the world's
first underground train:

Old October 24th 12, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 02:38:50 -0500
Recliner wrote:
Steam returns to the Circle Line for the 150th anniversary of the world's
first underground train:

I wonder what level of mortgage you'll need to take out to afford a ticket.

B2003

Old October 24th 12, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
Steam returns to the Circle Line for the 150th anniversary of the world's
first underground train:

I wonder what level of mortgage you'll need to take out to afford a ticket.

B2003

What a surprise, a negative comment from Boltar...
Old October 24th 12, 11:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
Steam returns to the Circle Line for the 150th anniversary of the world's
first underground train:

I wonder what level of mortgage you'll need to take out to afford a ticket.

B2003

What a surprise, a negative comment from Boltar...

I aim to be consistent. And I don't think anyone would say that these events
are ever cheap.

B2003

Old October 24th 12, 12:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:59:29 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:01:11 +0100
Mizter T wrote:

Recliner wrote:
Steam returns to the Circle Line for the 150th anniversary of the world's
first underground train:

I wonder what level of mortgage you'll need to take out to afford a ticket.

B2003

What a surprise, a negative comment from Boltar...

I aim to be consistent. And I don't think anyone would say that these events
are ever cheap.

It's going to be a sell-out, regardless of the fare. And they'd be
able to sell reserved platform tickets for a hefty price all along the
route, if that were possible.

Old October 24th 12, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

It's going to be a sell-out, regardless of the fare. And they'd be
able to sell reserved platform tickets for a hefty price all along the
route, if that were possible.

Will TfL have to lock away all their H&S staff in order to deliver on
the promise that "They [passengers] are going to have coach doors that
open, they are going to have steam coming down through the windows and
they are really going to feel as though they are travelling back in the
1890s" ?
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Old October 24th 12, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:01:11 +0100

Mizter T wrote:

Recliner wrote:

Steam returns to the Circle Line for the 150th anniversary of the world's

first underground train:

I wonder what level of mortgage you'll need to take out to afford a ticket.

B2003

What a surprise, a negative comment from Boltar...

I aim to be consistent. And I don't think anyone would say that these events

are ever cheap.

It's going to be a sell-out, regardless of the fare. And they'd be

able to sell reserved platform tickets for a hefty price all along the

route, if that were possible.

If I remember, they're going to do a ticket ballot - that's what they were talking about before. I'm about to email the LTM and ask for all the details now.
Old October 24th 12, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
06:08:14 on Wed, 24 Oct 2012, remarked:
If I remember, they're going to do a ticket ballot

So, like the Olympics, no real chance to buy one.
Old October 24th 12, 02:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:02:14 +0100
Recliner wrote:
I aim to be consistent. And I don't think anyone would say that these events
are ever cheap.

It's going to be a sell-out, regardless of the fare. And they'd be

More than likely, there are plenty of mugs in the world.

able to sell reserved platform tickets for a hefty price all along the
route, if that were possible.

Unless its going to happen in the small hours how do they plan on keeping
normal commuters off the platforms for the moments the train goes through?

B2003

Old October 24th 12, 02:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24/10/2012 14:20, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at
06:08:14 on Wed, 24 Oct 2012, remarked:
If I remember, they're going to do a ticket ballot

So, like the Olympics, no real chance to buy one.

What a surprise, a negative comment from Roland Perry.