Old February 16th 13, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default from Gatwick

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
05:46:50 on Sat, 16 Feb 2013, antoine remarked:
I think that it is non possible to estabilish before exactly
the time for the train; the airplane could be a little late, or the suit
case not soon in my hands,

Very wise.

Agreed, though if happy to risk hanging around at Gatwick by booking well
after arrival time, can be practical.

or, or ,or. So the best thing to do is to buy a ticket for that day
but not for one particular time.

There is no discount for buying an "any train" ticket ahead of time.

NOT TRUE! There are online discounts available as I mentioned. While you can
probably get them on the day, you can't get them at a ticket office.

My own choice (if leaving Gatwick after 9.30am) would be to get a One
Day Travelcard Off-Peak Southern-only £15.20, which will allow travel
on any direct train *except* Gatwick Express to Victoria, but
*including* the London Underground train to Chelsea, and any other
bus/Underground for the rest of the day.

Cheaper, but taking longer (change at Blackfriars) is a One Day
Travelcard Off-Peak FCC-Only £13.00, which is valid on all
bus/Underground as before, but only on FCC (First Capital Connect)
trains from Gatwick to London (via London Bridge).

If you want to be able to choose to travel on either Southern or FCC,
then the equivalent ticket to those mentioned above is £15.90, but it
still doesn't allow travel on Gatwick Express.

Good advice for the arrival journey but will have to be bought online to use
for the return leg.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old February 16th 13, 01:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 07:58:22
on Sat, 16 Feb 2013, remarked:
There is no discount for buying an "any train" ticket ahead of time.

NOT TRUE! There are online discounts available as I mentioned. While you can
probably get them on the day, you can't get them at a ticket office.

The sound of hair-splitting is becoming deafening!