Old February 24th 13, 08:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default SWT platform lengthening

Has anybody noticed that Malden Manor & Tolworth Stations are both being
lengthened?

I dont know if the same is happening at Chessington (N & S) but it could
be interesting when they try to do Motspur Park.

Old February 24th 13, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

On 24 Feb, 01:12, Tony Dragon wrote:
Has anybody noticed that Malden Manor & Tolworth Stations are both being
lengthened?

I dont know if the same is happening at Chessington (N & S) but it could
be interesting when they try to do Motspur Park.

A case for utilizing SDO perhaps? Back in the 1970s I stayed there
for several months. The station was not especially busy. In those
days it had a rustic feel, being almost in some folks back yards.

Old February 24th 13, 02:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Chessington South could be a problem as its in a cutting. On a totally non-railway issue after looking at he station on Google Earth, can anyone tell me why there's a very wide roadbridge to the east of Tolworth station, that only acts as a access road to Knollmead Primary School? I used to visit the school occasionally when I worked for the education authority twenty years ago, but never noticed it before.

Neill
Old February 28th 13, 01:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:12:00 AM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:
Has anybody noticed that Malden Manor & Tolworth Stations are both being

lengthened?

I dont know if the same is happening at Chessington (N & S) but it could

be interesting when they try to do Motspur Park.

I am still waiting to see how they extend Feltham station. They seem to have extended all the other station platforms from Waterloo, but stopped at Feltham.
John
Old February 28th 13, 03:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:47:02 PM UTC, wrote:
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:12:00 AM UTC, Tony Dragon wrote:

Has anybody noticed that Malden Manor & Tolworth Stations are both being

lengthened?

I dont know if the same is happening at Chessington (N & S) but it could

be interesting when they try to do Motspur Park.

I am still waiting to see how they extend Feltham station. They seem to have extended all the other station platforms from Waterloo, but stopped at Feltham.

John

Feltham isn't being extended (level crossing immediately to the west, road bridge to the east) - SDO will need to be used.
~cj