Old January 23rd 14, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Victoria line suspended

http://usvsth3m.com/post/74285062011...e-is-currently

True?

Old January 23rd 14, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 23/01/2014 17:03, David Walters wrote:
http://usvsth3m.com/post/74285062011...e-is-currently

True?

Yep. Confirmed to BBC London radio by Nigel Holness, TfL's Operations
Director - see:

https://twitter.com/BBCTravelAlert/status/426412230930739201

The post-mortem will be interesting...
Old January 23rd 14, 05:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 23/01/2014 17:57, Mizter T wrote:

On 23/01/2014 17:03, David Walters wrote:
http://usvsth3m.com/post/74285062011...e-is-currently

True?

Yep. Confirmed to BBC London radio by Nigel Holness, TfL's Operations
Director - see:

https://twitter.com/BBCTravelAlert/status/426412230930739201

The post-mortem will be interesting...

Just listened to the 6pm BBC London radio bulletin, which included an
excerpt of Mr Holness speaking to them earlier on the phone - he said it
was a mixture of concrete and water, which led to the signalling system
cutting out as it's supposed to.
Old January 23rd 14, 05:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 23/01/2014 17:57, Mizter T wrote:

On 23/01/2014 17:03, David Walters wrote:
http://usvsth3m.com/post/74285062011...e-is-currently

True?

Yep. Confirmed to BBC London radio by Nigel Holness, TfL's Operations
Director - see:

https://twitter.com/BBCTravelAlert/status/426412230930739201

The post-mortem will be interesting...

The errant concrete appears to be courtesy of the Victoria tube station
upgrade works.
Old January 23rd 14, 11:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote on 23 January 2014 18:32:39 ...

On 23/01/2014 17:57, Mizter T wrote:

On 23/01/2014 17:03, David Walters wrote:
http://usvsth3m.com/post/74285062011...e-is-currently

True?

Yep. Confirmed to BBC London radio by Nigel Holness, TfL's Operations
Director - see:

https://twitter.com/BBCTravelAlert/status/426412230930739201

The post-mortem will be interesting...

The errant concrete appears to be courtesy of the Victoria tube station
upgrade works.

Can someone remind me who the contractors are for the station upgrade?
--
Richard J.

Old January 23rd 14, 11:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24/01/2014 00:08, Richard J. wrote:

Mizter T wrote on 23 January 2014 18:32:39 ...
[...]

The errant concrete appears to be courtesy of the Victoria tube station
upgrade works.

Can someone remind me who the contractors are for the station upgrade?

A BAM Nuttall and Taylor Woodrow 50:50 joint venture.

http://www.bamnuttall.co.uk/PDFfiles/VictoriaStationUpgrade.pdf
http://www.taylorwoodrow.com/Projects/Victoria-Station-Upgrade.html
Old January 23rd 14, 11:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
On 24/01/2014 00:08, Richard J. wrote:

Mizter T wrote on 23 January 2014 18:32:39 ...
[...]

The errant concrete appears to be courtesy of the Victoria tube station
upgrade works.

Can someone remind me who the contractors are for the station upgrade?

A BAM Nuttall and Taylor Woodrow 50:50 joint venture.

http://www.bamnuttall.co.uk/PDFfiles/VictoriaStationUpgrade.pdf
http://www.taylorwoodrow.com/Projects/Victoria-Station-Upgrade.html

Presumably this error was committed by a elf-employed subcontractor of a
subcontractor of a subcontractor?
Old January 23rd 14, 11:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

http://usvsth3m.com/post/74285062011...ictoria-line-i
s-currently

True?

Yep. Confirmed to BBC London radio by Nigel Holness, TfL's Operations
Director - see:

https://twitter.com/BBCTravelAlert/status/426412230930739201

The post-mortem will be interesting...

The errant concrete appears to be courtesy of the Victoria tube station
upgrade works.

Can someone remind me who the contractors are for the station upgrade?

BAM Nuttall (of Cambridgeshire Guided Busway fame) according to my informant
who pointed to
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...-line-suspende
d-after-control-room-is-flooded-with-cement.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old January 23rd 14, 11:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
Mizter T wrote:
On 24/01/2014 00:08, Richard J. wrote:

Mizter T wrote on 23 January 2014 18:32:39 ...
[...]

The errant concrete appears to be courtesy of the Victoria tube station
upgrade works.

Can someone remind me who the contractors are for the station upgrade?

A BAM Nuttall and Taylor Woodrow 50:50 joint venture.

http://www.bamnuttall.co.uk/PDFfiles/VictoriaStationUpgrade.pdf
http://www.taylorwoodrow.com/Projects/Victoria-Station-Upgrade.html

Presumably this error was committed by a elf-employed subcontractor of a
subcontractor of a subcontractor?

Or, indeed, a self-employed etc.
Old January 24th 14, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thursday, 23 January 2014 18:32:39 UTC, Mizter T wrote:

The errant concrete appears to be courtesy of the Victoria tube station upgrade works.

His Holness has forgiven all errant workers for any past misdeeds.