Old February 3rd 04, 12:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Unresolved journey - how?

So, like a good boy I've been using my Oyster card properly for the last
month, checking in and out. It's mostly been a travelcard, but for a few
days as a pre-pay.

So I wasn't quite expecting to have had an unresolved journey,
particularly as I've been careful to check in and out. It appeared when
the nice man in the station was refueling my travelcard for another month.
He cancelled it without charge, but I do wonder what it was doing on there
in the first place...

Old February 3rd 04, 09:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

If you take your oyster to a ticket office they can interrogate it and give
you a print out of the last ten journeys. The journey that was unresolved
may still be on there.
I am not convinced that the system is completely working and maybe a gate
was at fault.
At present I see a lot of 94 and 70 errors but when I try and investigate
them the Oyster card registers a 21 error which means it has actually
worked.

Old February 3rd 04, 07:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"james007" wrote in message
So, like a good boy I've been using my Oyster card properly for the
last month, checking in and out. It's mostly been a travelcard, but
for a few days as a pre-pay.

So I wasn't quite expecting to have had an unresolved journey,
particularly as I've been careful to check in and out. It appeared
when the nice man in the station was refueling my travelcard for
another month. He cancelled it without charge, but I do wonder what
it was doing on there in the first place...

I have a zones 2&3 monthly travelcard on Oyster and a prepay balance. Today
I checked in correctly at Finchley Rd, but when I checked out at Swiss
Cottage, the display registered an unresolved journey and showed that the
prepay had been debited with £1. I immediately went to the ticket office
where the charge was reversed, but what is going on?

--
Lawrence Myers
Remove numbers,if present, from address to reply.

Old February 4th 04, 12:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

My card was interrogated a while ago, and the guy gave me the bit of paper.
It only has the last 10 journeys, but has a load of stuff on it like the
different "slots" available for cards, the state of the card etc. etc.

Can scan it in if you want.

JP

"james007" wrote in message
In article ,
(Anon) wrote:

If you take your oyster to a ticket office they can interrogate it and
give
you a print out of the last ten journeys. The journey that was
unresolved
may still be on there.

While he was resolving it, he did print out a big printout as long as from
his hand to his elbow (if you see what I mean); I'm presuming that this
was all the journeys I've taken, rather than just the last ten. I ought to
have asked to take a peek, but he scrunched it up and threw it away.

I did go at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon, because I thought it would be
quiet; but got grumbled at because there was a football match on and there
were lots of thick football supporters who couldn't understand/be bothered
with the ticket machines and preferred to queue instead.