Old February 3rd 05, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Unresolved Bus Journey

One of my colleagues is reporting that, whenever she uses her Oyster
pre-pay on the bus and then uses the tube the same day, the card comes
up with an "unresolved bus journey" that has to be sorted out by the
ticket office. Has anyone heard of this?

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

Old February 4th 05, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Barry Salter wrote:

A more likely explanation is that your colleague is likely boarding the
Northern Line at Finchley Central and neglects to touch in or out as the
gates are open 99% of the time, thereby creating an unresolved journey.

Or barrier-less Finsbury Park and again forgetting to touch in or out.

--
Phil Richards
London, UK
Old February 8th 05, 07:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Barry Salter wrote:
A more likely explanation is that your colleague is likely boarding the
Northern Line at Finchley Central and neglects to touch in or out as the
gates are open 99% of the time, thereby creating an unresolved journey.

For Finchley Central, I reckon that 99% is more like 100%, especially if
you use the Station Road exit. They do have barriers on the other
entrance, but I have never seen them closed; they were installed before
they worked out they couldn't also put similar barriers on the Station
Road entrance; which would leave one entrance gated, and the other
(equally popular) entrance ungated, with no access to a ticket office.

There are validators on both entrances, and the gate line acts as
validators.

Oyster Pre-pay used to demand you ask for assistance for all unresolved
journeys (by not letting you through a barrier); now it appears merely
to remind you of the problem when you top up.

--
Simon Hewison
Old February 9th 05, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Barry Salter
writes
One of my colleagues is reporting that, whenever she uses her Oyster
pre-pay on the bus and then uses the tube the same day, the card comes
up with an "unresolved bus journey" that has to be sorted out by the
ticket office. Has anyone heard of this?

Well it's certainly a new one on me, given that (AFAIK) the bus readers
only record the route you're on.

A more likely explanation is that your colleague is likely boarding the
Northern Line at Finchley Central and neglects to touch in or out as the
gates are open 99% of the time, thereby creating an unresolved journey.

Now we managed to be in the same office at the same time, I got some
clarification.

She has pre-pay on her Oyster and mostly uses the tube. She does *not*
use Finchley Central station; just stations that are fully barriered.

If she uses the bus then, the next time she tops up, the machine will
complain about an unresolved journey. The man *in the ticket office*
then says that the unresolved journey was a bus one. This has happened
more than once.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: