Old March 5th 14, 05:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Longitudinal seating S8 Metropolitan train

I took a Metropolitan train from Harrow on the Hill to Ickenham.
I noticed I was sitting in a carriage with no transverse seating.
I walked the length of the train and there was no transverse seating.

One coach was 22327. According to the obsolete information in http://en
..wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Underground_S8_Stock#S8_variant, that should
be an S7 coach. I neglected to count coaches or note the train number.

The train arrived about 0750, at Ickenham, today.
I would value understanding.
--
Walter Briscoe

Old March 5th 14, 07:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 18:04:36 +0000, Walter Briscoe
wrote:

I took a Metropolitan train from Harrow on the Hill to Ickenham.
I noticed I was sitting in a carriage with no transverse seating.
I walked the length of the train and there was no transverse seating.

One coach was 22327. According to the obsolete information in http://en
.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Underground_S8_Stock#S8_variant, that should
be an S7 coach. I neglected to count coaches or note the train number.

The train arrived about 0750, at Ickenham, today.
I would value understanding.

The S8s are being modified which means a few trains have been
assembled that are part S8 and part S7 to create a float. The
District Dave board will have the details.

I didn't think they mixed S7 and S8 carriages, but they do have a small
number of S7+1 trains until all the S8 trains are available. I've not come
across one on recent Met trips, so I'm guessing that not many are left.
Old March 8th 14, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

Having posted that, I rode on an S7+1 on the Met yesterday morning.
Old March 8th 14, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wednesday, 5 March 2014 18:04:36 UTC, Walter Briscoe wrote:
I took a Metropolitan train from Harrow on the Hill to Ickenham.

I noticed I was sitting in a carriage with no transverse seating.

I walked the length of the train and there was no transverse seating.

I have also walked the entire length of one of them; at Hammersmith.
It was a VERY long walk!
Old March 8th 14, 01:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 06:02:22 -0800 (PST), Offramp
wrote:

On Wednesday, 5 March 2014 18:04:36 UTC, Walter Briscoe wrote:
I took a Metropolitan train from Harrow on the Hill to Ickenham.

I noticed I was sitting in a carriage with no transverse seating.

I walked the length of the train and there was no transverse seating.

I have also walked the entire length of one of them; at Hammersmith.
It was a VERY long walk!

Even longer on an S8...

Old March 9th 14, 12:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

wrote:

On Wednesday, 5 March 2014 18:04:36 UTC, Walter Briscoe wrote:
I took a Metropolitan train from Harrow on the Hill to Ickenham.

I noticed I was sitting in a carriage with no transverse seating.

I walked the length of the train and there was no transverse seating.

I have also walked the entire length of one of them; at Hammersmith.
It was a VERY long walk!

IIRC some lengthened S7s are substituting for S8s. A while back I did
ride an S8. It was much better than expected. However, IMHO these
trains are entirely unsuitable for a commute from the Chess Valley.
--

http://www.991fmtalk.com/ The DMZ in Reno