Old February 25th 12, 07:38 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default Freight on the Metropolitan Line?

On Feb 24, 10:15*pm, "
wrote:
On 24/02/2012 11:01, Recliner wrote:

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:54:05 -0000, "Paul Scott"
*wrote:

*wrote in message
On 23/02/2012 22:01, D DB 90001 wrote:

It was probably just a service train for the infrsatructure. Freight
service on the Metropolitan line ended late 50s/early 60s, though somebody
else here will know better than I.

The description is exactly right for an S stock delivery train.

I found this S Stock delivery train pic online:
http://www.railwaystoday.com/wp-cont.../Class-20s-on-...

Where would the S-Stocks be coming from, remind me?

BTW, when are S7s due to come into revenue service? I have seen some
stations on the District Line fitted with car markers and S7.

Last I read, LUL were not accepting more "S" stock, until problems
with existing deliveries are resolved.

Old February 25th 12, 10:33 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 00:38:52 -0800 (PST), 77002
wrote:

*wrote:

*wrote in message
On 23/02/2012 22:01, D DB 90001 wrote:

It was probably just a service train for the infrsatructure. Freight
service on the Metropolitan line ended late 50s/early 60s, though somebody
else here will know better than I.

The description is exactly right for an S stock delivery train.

I found this S Stock delivery train pic online:
http://www.railwaystoday.com/wp-cont.../Class-20s-on-...

Where would the S-Stocks be coming from, remind me?

BTW, when are S7s due to come into revenue service? I have seen some
stations on the District Line fitted with car markers and S7.

Last I read, LUL were not accepting more "S" stock, until problems
with existing deliveries are resolved.

That was the case for a few weeks, but deliveries have resumed.
Old February 25th 12, 12:59 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 25/02/2012 11:33, Recliner wrote:
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 00:38:52 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

wrote:

wrote in message
On 23/02/2012 22:01, D DB 90001 wrote:

It was probably just a service train for the infrsatructure. Freight
service on the Metropolitan line ended late 50s/early 60s, though somebody
else here will know better than I.

The description is exactly right for an S stock delivery train.

I found this S Stock delivery train pic online:
http://www.railwaystoday.com/wp-cont.../Class-20s-on-...

Where would the S-Stocks be coming from, remind me?

BTW, when are S7s due to come into revenue service? I have seen some
stations on the District Line fitted with car markers and S7.

Last I read, LUL were not accepting more "S" stock, until problems
with existing deliveries are resolved.

That was the case for a few weeks, but deliveries have resumed.

So, when do we start seeing replacements for C- and D-series stock?
Old February 25th 12, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
(77002) wrote:

*wrote:

*wrote in message
On 23/02/2012 22:01, D DB 90001 wrote:

It was probably just a service train for the infrsatructure. Freight
service on the Metropolitan line ended late 50s/early 60s, though
somebody else here will know better than I.

The description is exactly right for an S stock delivery train.

I found this S Stock delivery train pic online:

http://www.railwaystoday.com/wp-cont.../Class-20s-on-

Where would the S-Stocks be coming from, remind me?

BTW, when are S7s due to come into revenue service? I have seen some
stations on the District Line fitted with car markers and S7.

Last I read, LUL were not accepting more "S" stock, until problems
with existing deliveries are resolved.

My latest information suggests that deliveries have resumed after the pause.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old February 25th 12, 04:13 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

"77002" wrote in message

Last I read, LUL were not accepting more "S" stock, until problems
with existing deliveries are resolved.

If that was the article in Modern Railways, it was printed at about the same
time deliveries restarted...

Paul S

Old February 25th 12, 05:28 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Feb 25, 5:13*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"77002" wrote in message

Last I read, LUL were not accepting more "S" stock, until problems
with existing deliveries are resolved.

If that was the article in Modern Railways, it was printed at about the same
time deliveries restarted...

Thank you. I have not utilized "S" stock yet. Everything I have read
tells me that the trains are not ideal for a London to Amersham
journey.

Old February 25th 12, 06:04 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 25/02/2012 18:28, 77002 wrote:
On Feb 25, 5:13 pm, "Paul
wrote:
wrote in message

Last I read, LUL were not accepting more "S" stock, until problems
with existing deliveries are resolved.

If that was the article in Modern Railways, it was printed at about the same
time deliveries restarted...

Thank you. I have not utilized "S" stock yet. Everything I have read
tells me that the trains are not ideal for a London to Amersham
journey.

The doorway designs on the S-8s are such that it is difficult to stand
next to them the way one would on an A-stock train.

When is D-Day for the A-stocks, BTW?
Old February 25th 12, 06:21 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote:
*wrote in message

Last I read, LUL were not accepting more "S" stock, until problems
with existing deliveries are resolved.

If that was the article in Modern Railways, it was printed at about the same
time deliveries restarted...

Thank you. *I have not utilized "S" stock yet. *Everything I have read
tells me that the trains are not ideal for a London to Amersham
journey.

The doorway designs on the S-8s are such that it is difficult to stand
next to them the way one would on an A-stock train.

When is D-Day for the A-stocks, BTW?

And, as I understand: Gone are the high backed seats, the luggage
racks and the umbrella hooks.

To make matters worse Chiltern no longer call at all Met. Fast stops.
Old February 25th 12, 08:03 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 13:59:59 +0000, "
wrote:

On 25/02/2012 11:33, Recliner wrote:
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 00:38:52 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

wrote:

wrote in message
On 23/02/2012 22:01, D DB 90001 wrote:

It was probably just a service train for the infrsatructure. Freight
service on the Metropolitan line ended late 50s/early 60s, though somebody
else here will know better than I.

The description is exactly right for an S stock delivery train.

I found this S Stock delivery train pic online:
http://www.railwaystoday.com/wp-cont.../Class-20s-on-...

Where would the S-Stocks be coming from, remind me?

BTW, when are S7s due to come into revenue service? I have seen some
stations on the District Line fitted with car markers and S7.

Last I read, LUL were not accepting more "S" stock, until problems
with existing deliveries are resolved.

That was the case for a few weeks, but deliveries have resumed.

So, when do we start seeing replacements for C- and D-series stock?

The original plan was for the A stock to be fully replaced first with
S8s, followed by the C and then the relatively new D stocks with S7s.
However, there was also a suggestion at one point that some S8s would
be temporarily reduced to S7s to serve the H&C line in time for the
Olympics (ie, they don't want 1960s trains visible anywhere near
Stratford in July/August). I've also heard it said that all the A
stock will be gone by July.
Old February 25th 12, 08:35 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 25/02/2012 19:21, 77002 wrote:

wrote:
wrote in message

Last I read, LUL were not accepting more "S" stock, until problems
with existing deliveries are resolved.

If that was the article in Modern Railways, it was printed at about the same
time deliveries restarted...

Thank you. I have not utilized "S" stock yet. Everything I have read
tells me that the trains are not ideal for a London to Amersham
journey.

The doorway designs on the S-8s are such that it is difficult to stand
next to them the way one would on an A-stock train.

When is D-Day for the A-stocks, BTW?

And, as I understand: Gone are the high backed seats, the luggage
racks and the umbrella hooks.

To make matters worse Chiltern no longer call at all Met. Fast stops.

I thought that Chiltern as a rule called at only a limited number of
stops, including Harrow-on-the-Hill, Rickmansworth, Chorleywood,
Chalfont & Latimer and Amersham.

FYI, Chiltern trains operating on that section of the Metropolitan line
don't use AWS, but rather tripcocks.