Old July 15th 08, 01:33 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default HST on west london freight line

I was walking over a bridge near the central line near Hangar Lane
today which has a freight only NR line running beside it and I saw an
HST going into london on that line. Since it was empty I'm guessing it
was a stock transfer but where has it come from and where is it going?

B2003

Old July 15th 08, 03:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote in message
I was walking over a bridge near the central line near Hangar Lane
today which has a freight only NR line running beside it and I saw an
HST going into london on that line. Since it was empty I'm guessing it
was a stock transfer but where has it come from and where is it going?

Others have explained the HST. It's not strictly a freight only line, as
Chiltern's 1003 Gerrards Cross to Paddington and 112 Paddington to Princes
Risborough are booked over it.

Peter

Old July 15th 08, 06:27 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default COMMERCIAL; Railway photos on ebay including the Rye & Camber.

Hi all,
I have a selection of photos from my collection for auction on ebay, ending
tomorrow. If you
are interested then take a look at
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZpdsteveoQQhtZ-1

Paul

Signal box; Euxton Coal Sidings, Lancs. LNWR
Signal box; Grosmont, Yorkshire North Eastern R. 1956
Signal box; Steyning, Sussex + 34050 1965 LBSCR
Station & Signal Box; Knockando, Morayshire GNoSR
Station; Mayfield, Sussex LBSCR
Station; Medstead & Four Marks, Hants. LSWR
Railway; Golf Links, Camber Rye & Camber 1931
Station; Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire MR
Railway; Mallaig Harbour, Invernesshire WHER 1962
Railway; Parsonstown & Portumna Bridge Railway
Railway; Tovil Church Road, Maidstone, Kent SECR 1883
Signal box; Ash, Surrey LSWR c1960
Station; Rudgwick, Sussex + 41260 LBSCR 1960s
Signal box; Bricket Wood, Hertfordshire LNWR
Signal box; Coniston Furness Railway 1950
Tram; Kingsway Subway, London 1952
Signal box; Kidsgrove Central Junction NSR
Station; Ashchurch, Gloucestershire Midland Railway
Station; Belturbet, Cavan GNR(I) & CLR
Station; Bowes, Yorkshire NER 1952
Station; Brasted Halt, Kent SECR
Station; Feering, Essex K&TLR 1951
Station; Llandovery, Carmarthenshire LNWR 1958£0.99
Station; Rotherham Westgate Midland Railway 1957

Old July 15th 08, 07:00 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
DRH DRH is offline

Old July 16th 08, 07:05 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article , Paul Scott
I was walking over a bridge near the central line near Hangar Lane
today which has a freight only NR line running beside it and I saw an
HST going into london on that line. Since it was empty I'm guessing it
was a stock transfer but where has it come from and where is it going?

This is usually Paddington - Paddington via Greenford to turn the train,
maybe because a power car has a defect, or to get it the right way round
again after a previous occasion.

Or it could be driver training for Virgin's Blockbuster (IIRC) service.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old July 16th 08, 09:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message
In article , Paul Scott
I was walking over a bridge near the central line near Hangar Lane
today which has a freight only NR line running beside it and I saw an
HST going into london on that line. Since it was empty I'm guessing it
was a stock transfer but where has it come from and where is it going?

This is usually Paddington - Paddington via Greenford to turn the train,
maybe because a power car has a defect, or to get it the right way round
again after a previous occasion.

Or it could be driver training for Virgin's Blockbuster (IIRC) service.

Possibly, but why use a HST for that? The blockbusters are 221s, so it's not
traction, and Chiltern have a route learning bubble car (which has been
uised for route learning for the blockbuster).

Peter

Old July 17th 08, 11:22 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article , Peter Masson
writes
Or it could be driver training for Virgin's Blockbuster (IIRC) service.

Possibly, but why use a HST for that?

Because there's one spare at Old Oak?

The blockbusters are 221s, so it's not
traction, and Chiltern have a route learning bubble car (which has been
uised for route learning for the blockbuster).

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for that info.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: