Old June 4th 14, 10:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow's new Terminal 2 opened this morning

Thankfully a bit more low-key than the 'triumphant' opening of T5 in 2008!

Old June 4th 14, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:

Thankfully a bit more low-key than the 'triumphant' opening of T5 in 2008!

Yes, they're sensibly phasing it in gradually over several months. I'm not
sure of the plans for T1 after this -- some of its gates will be
transferred to the new T2, but I assume the rest of T1 will then be rebuilt
in phases. I think it'll all be called T2, leaving T1 as the number for the
new terminal for the third runway.
Old June 4th 14, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

And once again the Heathrow Connect from Paddington to / from Heathrow was cancelled - yet another strike? CJB.
Old June 4th 14, 02:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CJB wrote:
And once again the Heathrow Connect from Paddington to / from Heathrow
was cancelled - yet another strike? CJB.

Yup, yet another RMT strike. But HEx is still running:
https://www.heathrowconnect.com/trai...ervice-updates

Old June 4th 14, 07:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

Thankfully a bit more low-key than the 'triumphant' opening of T5
in 2008!

Yes, they're sensibly phasing it in gradually over several months.
I'm not sure of the plans for T1 after this -- some of its gates will
be transferred to the new T2, but I assume the rest of T1 will then
be rebuilt in phases. I think it'll all be called T2, leaving T1 as
the number for the new terminal for the third runway.

I think ultimately it will be called Heathrow East, with T5 becoming
Heathrow West.

Peter Smyth
Old June 4th 14, 07:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Peter Smyth" wrote:
Recliner wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

Thankfully a bit more low-key than the 'triumphant' opening of T5
in 2008!

Yes, they're sensibly phasing it in gradually over several months.
I'm not sure of the plans for T1 after this -- some of its gates will
be transferred to the new T2, but I assume the rest of T1 will then
be rebuilt in phases. I think it'll all be called T2, leaving T1 as
the number for the new terminal for the third runway.

I think ultimately it will be called Heathrow East, with T5 becoming
Heathrow West.

Those were the names they used about a decade ago, but I've not seen them
in any recent documents.
Old June 4th 14, 08:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:

"Peter Smyth" wrote:
Recliner wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

Thankfully a bit more low-key than the 'triumphant' opening of T5
in 2008!

Yes, they're sensibly phasing it in gradually over several months.
I'm not sure of the plans for T1 after this -- some of its gates

will be transferred to the new T2, but I assume the rest of T1
will then be rebuilt in phases. I think it'll all be called T2,
leaving T1 as the number for the new terminal for the third runway.

I think ultimately it will be called Heathrow East, with T5 becoming
Heathrow West.

Those were the names they used about a decade ago, but I've not seen
them in any recent documents.

They are still being used in Heathrow's third runway proposal.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/about...n/our-proposal

Peter Smyth
Old June 4th 14, 08:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Peter Smyth" wrote:
Recliner wrote:

"Peter Smyth" wrote:
Recliner wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

Thankfully a bit more low-key than the 'triumphant' opening of T5
in 2008!

Yes, they're sensibly phasing it in gradually over several months.
I'm not sure of the plans for T1 after this -- some of its gates

will be transferred to the new T2, but I assume the rest of T1
will then be rebuilt in phases. I think it'll all be called T2,
leaving T1 as the number for the new terminal for the third runway.

I think ultimately it will be called Heathrow East, with T5 becoming
Heathrow West.

Those were the names they used about a decade ago, but I've not seen
them in any recent documents.

They are still being used in Heathrow's third runway proposal.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/about...n/our-proposal

It's funny how that document doesn't mention terminals 3 and 4. I know they
have plans to extensively redevelop T3 as well, getting rid of the
old-fashioned cul de sacs that cause aircraft traffic jams, but I've not
seen any plans for how T4 will develop.

Also I think the East and West terms are project names, rather than the
names passengers will see.
Old June 4th 14, 08:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 04/06/2014 21:48, Recliner wrote:
[...]
Also I think the East and West terms are project names, rather than the
names passengers will see.

Whatever happened to Rt Hon Maggie Thatchaeroport?