Old December 10th 07, 02:00 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default New DLR station opened today

Langdon Park station.
http://pressroom.dlr.co.uk/news/details.asp?id=152

Old December 10th 07, 02:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:

Langdon Park station.
http://pressroom.dlr.co.uk/news/details.asp?id=152

When is the tube map going to stand still long enough for everyone to have
an up to date copy?

Old December 10th 07, 02:50 PM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport, uk.transport.london

On 10 Dec, 15:00, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Langdon Park station
http://pressroom.dlr.co.uk/news/details.asp?id=152

U Thant's blog suggests that it actually opened for business yesterday
(sunday):

http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...ngs-today.html
Old December 10th 07, 05:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

When is the tube map going to stand still long enough for everyone to have
an up to date copy?

This last few months of 2007 is a busy one in the world of railways
isn't? Train companies finishing, Train companies starting, stations
closing, stations opening.

Got to keep the map makers and train painters in business somehow!
Old December 10th 07, 05:26 PM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport, uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 10 Dec, 15:50, Mizter T wrote:
On 10 Dec, 15:00, "John Rowland"

wrote:
Langdon Park station
http://pressroom.dlr.co.uk/news/details.asp?id=152

U Thant's blog suggests that it actually opened for business yesterday
(sunday):

http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...openings-today....

That's plausible. The King George V extension opened a day or two
before it officially did.

Old December 10th 07, 05:29 PM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport, uk.transport.london

On Dec 10, 6:26 pm, MIG wrote:
That's plausible. The King George V extension opened a day or two
before it officially did.

I was there. It was open.

--
Abi
Old December 10th 07, 05:37 PM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport, uk.transport.london

On 10 Dec, 18:26, MIG wrote:
On 10 Dec, 15:50, Mizter T wrote:

On 10 Dec, 15:00, "John Rowland"

wrote:
Langdon Park station
http://pressroom.dlr.co.uk/news/details.asp?id=152

U Thant's blog suggests that it actually opened for business yesterday
(sunday):

http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...openings-today....

That's plausible. The King George V extension opened a day or two
before it officially did.

When I said his blog "suggests" it was in operation yesterday that was
really just a turn of phrase as opposed to me casting doubt on the
veracity of what he wrote!

Just thought it was worth recording for posterity when trains actually
began stopping at the station. Do the "official opening dates" of
stations exist merely to confuse people?!
Old December 10th 07, 05:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

"Mizter T" wrote in message
On 10 Dec, 18:26, MIG wrote:
On 10 Dec, 15:50, Mizter T wrote:

On 10 Dec, 15:00, "John Rowland"

wrote:
Langdon Park station
http://pressroom.dlr.co.uk/news/details.asp?id=152

U Thant's blog suggests that it actually opened for business yesterday
(sunday):

Just thought it was worth recording for posterity when trains actually
began stopping at the station. Do the "official opening dates" of
stations exist merely to confuse people?!

Maybe it costs more to get Ken out of bed on a Sunday?

Paul S

Old December 10th 07, 06:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Stuart wrote:

Got to keep the map makers and train painters in business somehow!

I noticed a cunning trick yesterday: the strip maps on the Jubilee
(probably other lines too, but i haven't checked) have been updated to
show the Overground interchanges. However, there was a sticker over Canada
Water. Already, i thought? Then i realised - the strip maps will have been
printed not showing ELL interchange at Canada Water, and stickers added to
show it. When the ELL closes, they just pull them off and have a nice neat
strip map that shows the then-current situation. It's also possible that
the underlying map shows Overground interchange at ELL, and the stickers
will be replaced with new stickers that show no interchange for the
duration of the works, which will then be removed when the line reopens.

Incidentally, i noticed the Overground shade of orange seems to be
different to the ELL one. I assumed they'd be the same. Oh well, only
matters for a couple of weeks now!

Someone remind me - why is the ELL closing for three years?

tom

--
Come on thunder; come on thunder.
Old December 10th 07, 06:48 PM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport, uk.transport.london

On 10 Dec, 19:11, Tom Anderson wrote:
[...]

Tis two years - the plan is to have the ELLX open in December 2009
(i.e. when the railway timetables change).

I have thought this too - sure, there are big works to be done
(flyover at New Cross Gate, station and bridge at Shoreditch High St,
ramp - already half-built - up from Whitechapel, etc etc), but on the
face of it they don't need the existing ELL to close...

However I think the plan might involves materials being transported by
rail from the Silwood Triangle works site, and perhaps from restored
link(s) with the main lines at either New Cross or New Cross Gate or
both - of course the latter will have a permanent connection when
through ELLX services start running, though perhaps the former is an
easier place for works trains to access from the rest of the network.