Old June 17th 14, 07:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Sunday night from Heathrow

In message , at 23:05:43 on Mon, 16
Jun 2014, tim..... remarked:
Arrived safely, although I didn't look up what time the plane got in
until just now... 10.36pm

Tarmac or terminal

That's the headline, thus gate arrival time. Sunday's flight has rolled
off the website now, but Monday's flight took 12 minutes from runway to
gate.

Old June 17th 14, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 08:31:39 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:
And then spend an hour and 43 minutes taxiing to the stand, walking

two
miles through the terminal, standing in the immigration queue and
collecting your bags?

Are you talking about the same GVA as me? Half an hour at most.

Neil

--
Neil Williams. Use neil before the at to reply.
Old June 17th 14, 09:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

At LHR flights do in fact land and take off during the night curfew for many reasons, esp. if they are delayed en route. CJB.
Old June 18th 14, 07:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
14:45:54 on Tue, 17 Jun 2014, Neil Williams
remarked:
And then spend an hour and 43 minutes taxiing to the stand, walking

two
miles through the terminal, standing in the immigration queue and
collecting your bags?

Are you talking about the same GVA as me? Half an hour at most.

Oops, I was talking about Heathrow.
Old June 18th 14, 07:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at
14:45:54 on Tue, 17 Jun 2014, Neil Williams
remarked:
And then spend an hour and 43 minutes taxiing to the stand, walking

two
miles through the terminal, standing in the immigration queue and
collecting your bags?

Are you talking about the same GVA as me? Half an hour at most.

Oops, I was talking about Heathrow.

we all were

(Except John)

tim

Old June 18th 14, 04:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 22:09:38 on Sat, 14 Jun
2014, Roland Perry remarked:
I find the TfL planner fiddly to use, and because I don't know the
exact destination, what should I put in (it seems to be extremely
pedantic about narrowing down locations to the nearest 50ft).

Just tried the TfL fares-finder, and typed in "Charing Cross". It asked
me which of these I meant:

New Cross ELL Rail Station London OvergroundTramNational Rail
New Cross Gate Rail Station BusLondon OvergroundNational Rail
New Cross Rail Station London OvergroundBusNational Rail
Brent Cross Underground Station BusTube
Hatton Cross Underground Station TubeBus
King's Cross St. Pancras Underground Station BusTube
London Charing Cross Rail Station BusNational Rail
Charing Cross Underground Station Tube
London King's Cross Rail Station National Rail
New Cross Gate ELL Rail Station National Rail
Waltham Cross Rail Station
Old June 18th 14, 11:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

wrote

(Roland Perry) wrote:

Just tried the TfL fares-finder, and typed in "Charing Cross". It
asked me which of these I meant:

It gives a similarly dumb list for "King's Cross". Infuriating, isn't it?

And the same list for Cross Charing.

Sounds a bit cross to me.

Theo