Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 10th 04, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Queenstown Road

"Overground Network" - just how stupid do the operators (whoever
they happen to be this week, as opposed to last week and next
week) think we are. And, are spening MONEY on this idiocy!

Except that ON is actually a TfL initiative that has been foisted upon
the train operators in some parts of the capital.

In which case, even more idiotic, and another legacy of the fools that
vote for having a Mayor of London and all the munificence that this
has brought.

Are we, passengers (sorry, customers) so stupid as to be unable to
distinguish between the Underground and overground?!

As you almost certainly know, the point of ON is not to distinguish it
from the London Underground, but to show that the station has at
least 4 trains per hour to / from central London (i.e. that it has a
'metro' service, much like the Underground - hence the name). This
is very useful to me because when I'm at a station and I can see the
ON logo I know that I won't be standing at the station for 30 minutes
waiting for a train. If I don't see the logo I will check the timetables
and if necessary take a bus to a different station.

I for one think it's a very good idea from the Greater London Authority,
and it is one of the many reasons that I will be voting for Ken in the
upcoming elections.

Matt Ashby

www.fornogoodreason.org.uk