Old July 15th 14, 07:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Croxley rail link additioanl funding.

wrote in message
In article , (Roland
Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
09:34:54 on Mon, 14 Jul 2014,
remarked:
A certain amount of the track work and signalling already exists
for
Cambridge Science Park's bay platform, perhaps surprisingly. They
are left overs of the former St Ives branch, including what will
become the starting signal(!).

I would be shocked if any of it was still usable barring the odd bit
of conduit here and there. The last train ran over 20 years ago
accordingto t'interweb.

You are probably looking at the records for the line to St Ives. The
new station is being built on the old Chesterton Sidings, which
continues to have aggregates traffic to the Lafarges site.

Neither. The St Ives exit signal has been maintained and remains on the
Cambridge panel. I've seen it with my own eyes.

I'm not sure I understand. Is there a St Ives exit signal from the
sidings area as well as signals allowing entry into the sidings area?
For the station you'd only need the latter.

It's what's left of Chesterton Junction and will become the bay platform
starter, AIUI.

And in the latest news - delayed by lizards on the line

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News...0616052135.htm

yes I know it's a month old for locals, but the national news has only just
caught up :-)

tim

Old July 15th 14, 08:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(tim.....) wrote:

wrote in message
In article ,

(Roland Perry) wrote:

[...]

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News...-homes-before-
30-million-rail-station-in-Cambridge-can-be-built-20140616052135.htm

yes I know it's a month old for locals, but the national news has
only just caught up :-)

Something I read this week said they had been successfully rehomed.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old July 15th 14, 08:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:52:46 on Tue, 15
Jul 2014, tim..... remarked:
It's what's left of Chesterton Junction and will become the bay platform
starter, AIUI.

And in the latest news - delayed by lizards on the line

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News...-from-homes-be
fore-30-million-rail-station-in-Cambridge-can-be-built-20140616052135.htm

Has the price really gone up to £30m - it was £26m last time I looked,
and only £21m back in 2011.
Old July 15th 14, 08:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 03:26:01
on Tue, 15 Jul 2014, remarked:
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News...-homes-before-
30-million-rail-station-in-Cambridge-can-be-built-20140616052135.htm

yes I know it's a month old for locals, but the national news has
only just caught up :-)

Something I read this week said they had been successfully rehomed.

Buzzphrase error! "translocated"
Old July 15th 14, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
03:26:01 on Tue, 15 Jul 2014,
remarked:

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News...m-homes-before

-30-million-rail-station-in-Cambridge-can-be-built-20140616052135.htm

yes I know it's a month old for locals, but the national news has
only just caught up :-)

Something I read this week said they had been successfully rehomed.

Buzzphrase error! "translocated"

Pardon me for using the wrong phrasebook!

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old July 16th 14, 11:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 13:14:57 +0100, "Kevin"
wrote:

The Lea Bridge station is a reopening, using the existing platforms. A
better comparison might be the all-new station at Southend Airport, which
cost £16m in 2011. Allowing for inflation, the new stations for 8-car
trains might cost £20m apiece, plus a few million each to upgrade two
existing stations, so the stations probably account for ~£50m.

They are very expensive platforms then.

Slightly more than platforms, as I'm sure you already know:
http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/new..._tube_station/