Old November 16th 14, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default ITSO Travelcards

On 15/11/2014 23:52, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 19:32:02 +0000 (UTC), Clank
wrote:

snip/
The "collect in London" facility is promised for "later this year"
which I assume refers to 2014 but we'll see.

I suspect that is because the Southern HOPS is not yet configured to
send Actionlists to the TfL HOPS, or the TfL HOPS doesn't yet speak the
same dialect of ITSOese.

Don't you just love all the ITSO jargon - not!

Kevin

Old November 16th 14, 03:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 19:32:02 +0000 (UTC), Clank
wrote:

I currently possess a Southern "The Key", but alas am yet to use it. The
main place I would kill for it to work is Gatwick Airport - just being able
to pick up tickets at the gate avoiding the /dreadful/ queues at Gatwick
would be fantastic (i.e. PAYG is not the requirement for me personally.)
It seems to be a race though as to which will get to Gatwick first - The
Key or Oyster...

Surely the Southern Key *does* work at Gatwick?

http://www.southernrailway.com/ticke...fares/the-key/

https://www.southernrailway.com/smar...s/routemap.pdf

Hmm, the text on that first link suggests I could only pick up a single
ticket from Gatwick to a London terminal. If true, that's new in the last
few weeks (and great news) - but still useless to me, as I need to pick up
tickets from Gatwick to East Croydon.

However, the map certainly doesn't imply that restriction, so it could be
just poor wording. I'll try the journey planner...

The one current weakness is that you cannot collect an online ordered
ticket via a gate or validator inside the zonal area. It only works
from Southern stations to the London area or other Southern stations

If it works - for single/returns, not seasons - to the London *area*, then
that is what is new, and I'll be very happy indeed!
Old November 16th 14, 03:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

Wahey, it looks like it works now - selecting "only tickets that can be
loaded onto an ITSO smartcard" now actually shows some tickets.

The Key won the race then :-).

Anyone know when that changed? It's definitely recent. Someone needs to
tell Southern's web folks, because they need to update the text on the
site...