Old February 10th 04, 07:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Arnos Grove

Hi all,

The information posters which turned the central ticket office into a mini
museum have been taken down and replaced by ... nothing. Apparently this was
seen as a cost cutting measure by (presumably) JNP.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old February 10th 04, 12:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:24:33 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

The information posters which turned the central ticket office into a mini
museum have been taken down and replaced by ... nothing. Apparently this was
seen as a cost cutting measure by (presumably) JNP.

Riiight...And exactly what costs are involved in a static display of
information, apart from a bit of Windolene to clean the glass now and
again? *boggle*

Cya,

Barry

--
Barry Salter, barry at southie dot me dot uk
Read uk.* newsgroups? Read uk.net.news.announce!

DISCLAIMER: The above comments do not necessarily represent the
views of my employers.
Old February 10th 04, 08:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

The information posters which turned the central ticket office into a

mini
museum have been taken down and replaced by ... nothing. Apparently this

was
seen as a cost cutting measure by (presumably) JNP.

Riiight...And exactly what costs are involved in a static display of
information, apart from a bit of Windolene to clean the glass now and
again? *boggle*

Not in the contract?

--
Mark

Old February 11th 04, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

The information posters which turned the central ticket office into a mini
museum have been taken down and replaced by ... nothing. Apparently this was
seen as a cost cutting measure by (presumably) JNP.

Are you saying that LU don't even get to decide what posters get put up??
I thought the private companies were just glorified maintenance , not actually
running the whole show. What do LU do now , just think up the daily excuses?

B2003
Old February 11th 04, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Hi all,

The information posters which turned the central ticket office into a mini
museum have been taken down and replaced by ... nothing. Apparently this was
seen as a cost cutting measure by (presumably) JNP.

John - I don't doubt the fact that the posters may have disappeared.
However I do not understand how Tube Lines can possibly have any say
whatsoever over the contents of the passimeter. It is a listed structure
- as per the rest of the station - and therefore they can't just
unilaterally make changes. Has someone told you it was Tube Lines or
are you surmising as to what has happened?

I am in a position to ask some questions if necessary.
--
Paul C

Old February 11th 04, 02:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

The information posters which turned the central
ticket office into a mini museum have been taken
down and replaced by ... nothing. Apparently this was
seen as a cost cutting measure by (presumably) JNP.

John - I don't doubt the fact that the posters may have disappeared.
However I do not understand how Tube Lines can possibly have any say
whatsoever over the contents of the passimeter. It is a listed structure
- as per the rest of the station - and therefore they can't just
unilaterally make changes. Has someone told you it was Tube Lines

No, I presumed, and stated as much. I never know who is responsible for
what, and don't usually care, because my contract is with the organisation
to which I give my ticket money, although that doesn't particularly apply
here.

I was told by the ticket seller that it was cost cutting, and he made it
clear by his facial expression that I wasn't the first person who had asked,
and he was tired of being expected to defend a decision over which he had no
power.

I am in a position to ask some questions if necessary.

Okay, thanks.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old February 12th 04, 07:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:55:47 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

The information posters which turned the central
ticket office into a mini museum have been taken
down and replaced by ... nothing.

I am in a position to ask some questions if necessary.

Okay, thanks.

Having made some enquiries I understand that the display has been
restored. No one seems to know why it was removed in the first place
though.
--
Paul C

Old February 13th 04, 05:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

Having made some enquiries I understand that the
display has been restored.

Thanks, Paul. If I were you right now, I'd be throwing my arms towards the
heavens and shouting "Power is mine!" Maybe that's why I'm not you right
now.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old February 13th 04, 06:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 06:15:47 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .

Having made some enquiries I understand that the
display has been restored.

Thanks, Paul. If I were you right now, I'd be throwing my arms towards the
heavens and shouting "Power is mine!" Maybe that's why I'm not you right
now.

Oh you poor deluded person. You imagine I have any influence over
anything in LUL!?!?!? *boggle*

I can dream I suppose :-)
--
Paul C

Old February 13th 04, 09:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in :
"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

Having made some enquiries I understand that the
display has been restored.

Thanks, Paul. If I were you right now, I'd be throwing my arms towards the
heavens and shouting "Power is mine!" Maybe that's why I'm not you right
now.

I take it you haven't met Paul IRL... ;-)

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Room 40-1-B12, CERN