Old February 23rd 15, 10:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Abbey Wood, London Bridge pics

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 10:50:52 +0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Basil Jet wrote:
On 2015\02\23 10:22, Roland Perry wrote:
In message ,
d writes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...7650538846330/

There's a for sale sign on a house in that bottom picture. Thats what
I call wishful thinking even in London!

It has a boarded-up downstairs window, and its front door is inside the
work area. Network Rail will have bought that house along with the one
they've demolished, and when they've finished patching up the 'join'
will make it available for occupation.

It beats having a portacabin as an office!

I imagine that it also eliminates the need for a portaloo. The old station
building is still intact, too, and seems to be being used as a construction
base for the moment.

For a number of years some of the offices connected with Maida Vale
telephone exchange were in the house next door (since demolished)
which used to be the residence of William Friese-Greene, a UK pioneer
of cinematography. Despite use as offices, all the domestic plumbing
etc. was still in place, his bath being full of spare parts for
telephones.

Old February 24th 15, 10:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message , at 23:00:11 on
Mon, 23 Feb 2015, Charles Ellson remarked:
No sales/rental history available for number 25 (the one currently being
used as a NR portaloo) since 1995. Suggests it was a compulsory purchase
from a long term owner occupier.

Or there has been no transfer of ownership involving payment since
prices became a matter of public record.

The Land Registry data available to the public via sites like Zoopla
only includes sales made on the open market. So a transfer by compulsory
purchase (or even a voluntary sale after being contacted by Network
Rail, or whoever) would not show up.

Unless NR-or-whoever has owned the house since 1995, and given they've
got possession, I'd go for the off-books purchase.

Same arguments for number 27.
Old February 24th 15, 10:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 06:18:51PM +0000, Roland Perry wrote:

No sales/rental history available for number 25 ...

Where would one find out this stuff?

The Law of Daves: in any gathering of technical people, the
number of Daves will be greater than the number of women.
Old February 24th 15, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:51:14
on Tue, 24 Feb 2015, David Cantrell remarked:

No sales/rental history available for number 25 ...

Where would one find out this stuff?

zoopla.co.uk which has historic sales data supplied by the Land Registry
for sales on the open market[1] since 1995. There's also data about
previous "for rent" and "for sale" listings which have appeared on their
site, so you can see how much was asked, and when - but you no idea in
the case of rental if the place was in fact rented or for how much.

eg A house further up my street has a "History" of being offered for
sale, including I assume a zoopla listing, for 197,500 in November 2013
- and sold for 195,000 in Aug 2014 according to the Land Registry.

But my house, which has been both rented and sold in the last 5 years
has no such historic "for sale/rent" data because (I deduce) the
agencies concerned didn't list it with zoopla. All it has is the price I
bought it for.

[1] The stats are not provided so people can be nosey about the value of
their neighbour's house, they are to enable the calculation of inflation
indices. So any sale/transfer that's not made on the open market is
redacted.
Old February 24th 15, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Roland Perry" wrote

Or there has been no transfer of ownership involving payment since
prices became a matter of public record.

The Land Registry data available to the public via sites like Zoopla

only includes sales made on the open market. So a transfer by compulsory
purchase (or even a voluntary sale after being contacted by Network
Rail, or whoever) would not show up.

Have you a cite that voluntary sales are excluded ?

http://houseprices.landregistry.gov.uk/
"all of the residential property sales"

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...se-price-index
The HPI is published by Land Registry using sales data collected on all
residential housing transactions, whether for cash or with a mortgage, in
England and Wales since January 1995.
==

Oops, found
https://www.gov.uk/about-the-price-p...rice-paid-data

Our House Price Index and Price Paid Data exclude:

all commercial transactions. By this we mean any transaction that
involves a transfer to a corporate body, company or business

transfers, conveyances, assignments or leases at a premium with nominal rent
which a
[...]
under a compulsory purchase order
[...]

So not exactly "excludes other than open market" but as above.

--
Mike D

Old February 24th 15, 03:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message , at 16:44:53 on Tue, 24
Feb 2015, Michael R N Dolbear remarked:
Oops, found
https://www.gov.uk/about-the-price-p...-from-the-hous
e-price-index-and-price-paid-data

Our House Price Index and Price Paid Data exclude:

all commercial transactions. By this we mean any transaction that
involves a transfer to a corporate body, company or business

transfers, conveyances, assignments or leases at a premium with nominal
rent which a
[...]
under a compulsory purchase order
[...]

So not exactly "excludes other than open market" but as above.

You snipped:

"sales that were not for full market value."

What I hadn't remembered was it also excludes:

"buy to let (where they can be identified by a mortgage deed)"

which is typically what could have been happening in several houses in
that particular street.