Old March 17th 15, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Drayton Park depot future?

Drayton Park tube depot was closed almost 40 years ago, when the
Northern City line transferred to BR. The sheds and tracks were
removed by 1977, and since then the site has become overgrown and
derelict. Here's a few pics I took there on a rather dull yesterday:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...7650987271739/

As you can see, it's surrounded by large modern blocks of flats and
the Emirates stadium. I wonder why nothing has been erected on the
former depot site? You'd think the land would be quite valuable, and
of course it has good rail connections, at least on weekdays and up to
10pm.

Old March 17th 15, 01:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 13:23:18 +0000
Recliner wrote:
Drayton Park tube depot was closed almost 40 years ago, when the
Northern City line transferred to BR. The sheds and tracks were
removed by 1977, and since then the site has become overgrown and
derelict. Here's a few pics I took there on a rather dull yesterday:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...7650987271739/

As you can see, it's surrounded by large modern blocks of flats and
the Emirates stadium. I wonder why nothing has been erected on the
former depot site? You'd think the land would be quite valuable, and
of course it has good rail connections, at least on weekdays and up to
10pm.

If it hasn't been snapped by a developer yet then either national rail won't
sell for some reason or perhaps its depth is putting off a developer.

Incidenatly , somewhere online one of these urban explorers got into the
old northern line tunnels from drayton park to just before finsbury park which
are now bricked up. The track is still in situ however from what I remember
of the pics. I can't find the link but its out there somewhere.

--
Spud

Old March 17th 15, 02:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
Drayton Park tube depot was closed almost 40 years ago, when the
Northern City line transferred to BR. The sheds and tracks were
removed by 1977, and since then the site has become overgrown and
derelict. Here's a few pics I took there on a rather dull yesterday:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...7650987271739/

As you can see, it's surrounded by large modern blocks of flats and
the Emirates stadium. I wonder why nothing has been erected on the
former depot site? You'd think the land would be quite valuable, and
of course it has good rail connections, at least on weekdays and up to
10pm.

If it hasn't been snapped by a developer yet then either national rail won't
sell for some reason or perhaps its depth is putting off a developer.

I suppose that it doesn't help that the site is not very accessible, hemmed
in by the railways, the stadium and blocks of flats on three sides.

Incidenatly , somewhere online one of these urban explorers got into the
old northern line tunnels from drayton park to just before finsbury park which
are now bricked up. The track is still in situ however from what I remember
of the pics. I can't find the link but its out there somewhere.

Yes, I think I've seen those.
Old March 17th 15, 03:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 15:52:35 +0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Incidenatly , somewhere online one of these urban explorers got into the
old northern line tunnels from drayton park to just before finsbury park

which
are now bricked up. The track is still in situ however from what I remember
of the pics. I can't find the link but its out there somewhere.

Yes, I think I've seen those.

Found them:

http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/...k_station.html

--
Spud

Old March 17th 15, 03:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Incidenatly , somewhere online one of these urban explorers got into the
old northern line tunnels from drayton park to just before finsbury park

which
are now bricked up. The track is still in situ however from what I remember
of the pics. I can't find the link but its out there somewhere.

Yes, I think I've seen those.

Found them:

http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/...k_station.html

Thanks. I wonder if those disused tunnels run under the Emirates stadium?

Old March 17th 15, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Incidenatly , somewhere online one of these urban explorers got into the
old northern line tunnels from drayton park to just before finsbury park
which
are now bricked up. The track is still in situ however from what I remember
of the pics. I can't find the link but its out there somewhere.

Yes, I think I've seen those.

Found them:

http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/...k_station.html

Thanks. I wonder if those disused tunnels run under the Emirates stadium?

Doubt it. I would imagine they simply follow the route of the mainline above.

--
Spud

Old March 17th 15, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Incidenatly , somewhere online one of these urban explorers got into the
old northern line tunnels from drayton park to just before finsbury park
which
are now bricked up. The track is still in situ however from what I remember
of the pics. I can't find the link but its out there somewhere.

Yes, I think I've seen those.

Found them:

http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/...k_station.html

Thanks. I wonder if those disused tunnels run under the Emirates stadium?

Doubt it. I would imagine they simply follow the route of the mainline above.

No, the lines leading to the old tunnels cross under the line to Canonbury,
so they certainly don't follow it. They may run under, or just to the east,
of the stadium.
Old March 18th 15, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Incidenatly , somewhere online one of these urban explorers got into the
old northern line tunnels from drayton park to just before finsbury park
which
are now bricked up. The track is still in situ however from what I

remember
of the pics. I can't find the link but its out there somewhere.

Yes, I think I've seen those.

Found them:

http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/...k_station.html

Thanks. I wonder if those disused tunnels run under the Emirates stadium?

Doubt it. I would imagine they simply follow the route of the mainline above.

No, the lines leading to the old tunnels cross under the line to Canonbury,
so they certainly don't follow it. They may run under, or just to the east,
of the stadium.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. When I said main line I meant the current route of the
line from Drayton park.

--
Spud

Old March 18th 15, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
[...]

No, definitely not, as that doesn't lead to the underground station.
Old March 18th 15, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 10:39:33 +0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't clear. When I said main line I meant the current route of the
line from Drayton park.

No, definitely not, as that doesn't lead to the underground station.

Huh?

The old tunnel mouths were just north of Drayton park. The most logical route
for them to take is the line of the current tracks from Drayton Park until
they meet the mainline then follow the mainline.

--
Spud