Old June 3rd 15, 07:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TFL Rail.

In message
-septem
ber.org, at 06:54:55 on Wed, 3 Jun 2015, Recliner
remarked:
I just know I'm a long way off from getting one as
the entitlement age recedes very further into the distance.

Is it changing? Sadly the page which might tell us has gone:

http://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/ser...ty/default.htm

The full Freedom Pass has the same entitlement age as the national bus
pass, which is the steadily-rising female retirement age (currently about
63).

OK, but that sliding scale was fixed some time ago, and isn't "receding"
as claimed.

But Londoners aged from 60 upwards get a 60+ Oyster card which has the
same goodies within London.

What's needed to prove residence - does it have to be "named on a
council tax bill" for example?

Old June 3rd 15, 07:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message -septem
ber.org, at 06:54:55 on Wed, 3 Jun 2015, Recliner remarked:
I just know I'm a long way off from getting one as
the entitlement age recedes very further into the distance.

Is it changing? Sadly the page which might tell us has gone:

http://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/ser...ty/default.htm

The full Freedom Pass has the same entitlement age as the national bus
pass, which is the steadily-rising female retirement age (currently about
63).

OK, but that sliding scale was fixed some time ago, and isn't "receding" as claimed.

The scale is fixed, but the eligible age is increasing. I think some people
fear that it might be raised faster than that, but it's not really an issue
for Londoners.

But Londoners aged from 60 upwards get a 60+ Oyster card which has the
same goodies within London.

What's needed to prove residence - does it have to be "named on a council
tax bill" for example?

I can't remember but it's something like that.
Old June 3rd 15, 10:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
-septemb
er.org, at 07:48:34 on Wed, 3 Jun 2015, Recliner
remarked:

The full Freedom Pass has the same entitlement age as the national bus
pass, which is the steadily-rising female retirement age (currently about
63).

OK, but that sliding scale was fixed some time ago, and isn't "receding" as claimed.

The scale is fixed, but the eligible age is increasing.

But according to a formula that was fixed some time ago, and hasn't
changed.

I think some people fear that it might be raised faster than that, but
it's not really an issue for Londoners.

A new formula, but is there anything in the Tory Manifesto about it?
Old June 3rd 15, 03:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at
06:16:04 on Wed, 3 Jun 2015,
remarked:
The full Freedom Pass has the same entitlement age as the national
bus pass, which is the steadily-rising female retirement age
(currently about 63).

OK, but that sliding scale was fixed some time ago, and isn't
"receding" as claimed.

The scale is fixed, but the eligible age is increasing.

But according to a formula that was fixed some time ago, and hasn't
changed.

I think some people fear that it might be raised faster than that, but
it's not really an issue for Londoners.

A new formula, but is there anything in the Tory Manifesto about it?

I think the point is that there have (so far) been two formulae.

One advances the women's state pension age to match that of men, 65 at
the time the decision was made and the timetable drawn up.

Then there are general increases in the state pension age for both men
and women, increasing to 66 and 67 so far. Many women on the first
escalator then find themselves on the second, including my wife who will
be retiring 7 years later than anticipated when we got married.

6 years actually.

Both escalators are still travelling at the original speed, aren't
they?

The site warns that the change of the state pension age to 68 may be
advanced from that currently planned.

--
Colin Rosenstiel