Old June 8th 15, 09:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Metropolitan QoS

In article

rg, (Recliner) wrote:

wrote:
In article

-september.
org,
(Recliner) wrote:

wrote:
In article ,
stuck@home (Peter Able) wrote:

The 0934 ex-Chesham this morning appeared to be stripped of its bay
seating - the only accommodation being a few back-to-the-window seats
- some tip-up. Is this the new norm for an hour-plus journey? This
being the first post-peak service of the day it was well patronised
and just about all "seats" were taken by departure time.

We all choked a bit when the S-stock replaced the A-stock in terms of
the reduced seating seating available. Some even joked that it
couldn't be worse!

Would have asked at Chesham, but it was unstaffed.

Was it an S7 unit?

An S7+1. They've been around for a long time, but not for much longer.

Oh yes, there are 3 of them. And now some S6+1 units because the
S7+1 loans turn out to be for a lot longer than originally intended
(because all the S8s are going back to Derby for mods). One car
should have S8 seating though.

Why is there a shortage of S7 sets? Derby has produced more than LU needs
just yet, and they've been stockpiled. I've never heard of an S6 or an
S6+1 -- why would there be any S6s in the first place?

The S6s were the 3 units robbed of a car to make the S7+1 units. They seem
to have tired of leaving them lying around at Derby.

I've never noticed an S8 car in an S7+1 set. It would be easy to spot
simply by looking down the train.

Thinking some more, I was wrong. The +1 cars in the S7+1 units are S7 cars
too. So no transverse seats, sadly. They are trains 68, 70 & 72.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old June 8th 15, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
In article

, (Recliner) wrote:

wrote:
In article

-september.
,
(Recliner) wrote:

wrote:
In article ,
stuck@home (Peter Able) wrote:

[...]

Isn't an S6+1 just a S7 (ie, with seven S7 cars but from two different S7
units)? Conversely, an S7+1 isn't an S8, because it's formed from S7 cars.
Old June 9th 15, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Tue, 9 Jun
2015 12:43:38 in uk.transport.london, Recliner
writes

[snip]

In any case, there's currently a surplus of S7s, as Derby has produced
more than the District line yet needs -- most of the D78s are still in
service.

I found this thread interesting, but frustrating.
The statement above is typically frustrating.
I assume it is using some facts, written in a URL, somewhere.
I would appreciate links.
--
Walter Briscoe
Old June 10th 15, 06:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Walter Briscoe wrote:
In message of Tue, 9 Jun
2015 12:43:38 in uk.transport.london, Recliner
writes

[snip]

In any case, there's currently a surplus of S7s, as Derby has produced
more than the District line yet needs -- most of the D78s are still in
service.

I found this thread interesting, but frustrating.
The statement above is typically frustrating.
I assume it is using some facts, written in a URL, somewhere.
I would appreciate links.

Of course it's based on fact, but not every fact is gleaned from URLs.