Old August 1st 15, 04:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default First Class 700 arrives at Three Bridges

In article , (Basil Jet)
wrote:

On 2015\07\31 15:41, Recliner wrote:

http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...-future-as-new
-thameslink-train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new
trains..." press releases this week.

Why doesn't their class number start with a 3?

For the same reason the IEP class numbers don't.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old August 1st 15, 05:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2015\08\01 17:50, wrote:
In article ,
(Basil Jet)
wrote:

On 2015\07\31 15:41, Recliner wrote:

http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...-future-as-new
-thameslink-train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new
trains..." press releases this week.

Why doesn't their class number start with a 3?

For the same reason the IEP class numbers don't.

So no-one knows the answer then?

Old August 1st 15, 08:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:
On 2015\08\01 17:50, wrote:
In article ,
(Basil Jet)
wrote:

On 2015\07\31 15:41, Recliner wrote:

http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...-future-as-new
-thameslink-train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new
trains..." press releases this week.

Why doesn't their class number start with a 3?

For the same reason the IEP class numbers don't.

So no-one knows the answer then?

They have one thing in common: the DfT specified and bought them, and paid
well over the odds. They needed to justify the high costs with hyped-up
class numbers.