Old September 18th 15, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Northern line signals

On 2015\09\18 09:26, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2015\09\18 09:16, y wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 20:36:59 +0100
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2015\09\17 17:08,
y wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 17:01:06 +0100
Basil Jet wrote:
You know damn well that he does whatever his rulebook says, and
that no
verbal instruction can overrule his rulebook unless his rulebook
specifically says that a verbal instruction can overrule it, and that
most or all rules in the rulebook have arisen from specific incidents
that killed people and are an attempt to prevent repetition of those
deaths. You also know that Britain has the safest railway in the
world.
It's this determination to endlessly criticise transport staff for no
good reason that has made you the laughing stock of the group.

Heh, yeah ok

So Mr Rulebook. A driver who knows the line is running on ATO, been
trained
on the ATO with presumably an updated rulebook for the line will hit
the
emergency stop button at the first unpowered signal he sees even
though he's
been told they've all be switched off and to ignore them?

Really? Are the drivers such stupid pavlovian automatons thats why the
signals
have to be bagged? Actually you know what , it wouldn't surprise me
if they
were.

Transport staff are an asset to this group. You are a liability to this
group because you go out of your way to drive transport staff away.

Blah blah blah. How about you answer the questions I posed Mr
Transport Export
who didn't know it was 3rd rail south of the Thames a few weeks back.

Now you're just plain lying.

Ah, you're lying about this thread...
http://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london...oolwich-2.html

I should stop making fun of you. I think you genuinely must have
suffered a head injury.

Old September 18th 15, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 09:26:51 +0100
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2015\09\18 09:16, y wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 20:36:59 +0100
Basil Jet wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
[...]

Oh really? You've already forgotten about your plan for the DLR to have
pantographs installed to run into south london have you? How convenient.

--
Spud

Old September 18th 15, 09:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2015\09\18 10:10, y wrote:
On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 09:26:51 +0100
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2015\09\18 09:16,
y wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 20:36:59 +0100
Basil Jet wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
[...]

You made that accusation at the time and were told you were wrong.

Old September 18th 15, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 10:34:31 +0100
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2015\09\18 10:10, y wrote:
On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 09:26:51 +0100
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2015\09\18 09:16,
y wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 20:36:59 +0100
Basil Jet wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
[...]

Uh huh. Keep up that backpedalling, you could give Chris Froome a run for
his money.

--
Spud

Old September 18th 15, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18/09/2015 11:12, y wrote:
[...]
Uh huh. Keep up that backpedalling, you could give Chris Froome a run for
his money.

No-one's going to give you the time of day on this one, Potato Head.

This is a transport discussion forum, not a place for you to attempt to
treat your hypertension by kicking off at all and sundry the whole time.

Old September 18th 15, 03:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 17/09/2015 17:01, Basil Jet wrote:
[...]
You know damn well that he does whatever his rulebook says, and that no
verbal instruction can overrule his rulebook unless his rulebook
specifically says that a verbal instruction can overrule it, and that
most or all rules in the rulebook have arisen from specific incidents
that killed people and are an attempt to prevent repetition of those
deaths. You also know that Britain has the safest railway in the world.
It's this determination to endlessly criticise transport staff for no
good reason that has made you the laughing stock of the group.

Well said. In Spuddy's world, it seems everyone would just do their own
thing, and the multiple crashes, accidents and incidents would just be
swept under the rug.

Thankfully we don't have to live in his world, though he has to suffer
inhabiting it.
Old September 22nd 15, 07:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 15:15:59 +0000 (UTC), y wrote:

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 14:47:04 +0100
" wrote:
On 17.09.15 13:35,
y wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 13:29:28 +0100
" wrote:
On 17.09.15 9:35,
y wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 22:44:59 +0100
"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote:
In message ,
y wrote:
Besides which if the train is on ATO what the driver thinks is
irrelevant because the train will just sail past anyway.

On LU, if a train passes a red signal on ATO the driver is required to
put the train into an emergency stop.

Signals intended only to be passed by trains on ATO show white.

Yes. Except if they were off they wouldn't be showing any aspect anyway

would
they.

And any driver worth his salt would would stop the train, call up his
control centre and ask WTF, ATO or not, in the case of a dark signal

So a driver that had been told "Right lads, we're running on ATO now, all
the signals are switched off, you follow the computer in the cab" will stop

as
soon as he sees an off signal?

I assume that you are referring to any dark signal? The term "Off"
refers to a signal with any aspect other than danger.

"Off" as in the standard english term for something electric that has no
power supply.

It might be a strange term, no doubt something to do with pulling
levers. I rather like the French (and HS1 I think) "closed" for a
signal at danger and "open" for anything else. I think
misunderstanding while only *talking* about the subject underlines the
need for rules in the real thing.

Richard.