London Banter

-   -   Goblin electrification (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14517-goblin-electrification.html)

Basil Jet[_4_] October 17th 15 01:22 PM

Goblin electrification

On 2015\10\17 13:52, David C wrote:

As for value for money, does the Goblin scheme include any of the
possible junctions with existing 25kV routes, such as to the GN at
Harringay, or the Midland / Thameslink connection from Junction Road
Junction?

Yes and yes, as mentioned in the webpage listed in the OP.

"The CP5 enhancements delivery plan published in June detailed the core
electrification scheme in the line:
Gospel Oak Junction to South Tottenham West Junction;
Gospel Oak platform 3 (bay platform);
Carlton Road Junction to Junction Road Junction;
Upper Holloway Reception Line;
Harringay Park Junction to Harringay Junction;
South Tottenham East Junction to Woodgrange Park Junction;
Barking Station Junction to Barking Platform 1 buffer stops; and
All crossovers between Gospel Oak Junction / Carlton Road Junction and
Barking Station Junction"

Someone Somewhere October 18th 15 06:49 AM

Goblin electrification

On 17/10/2015 15:38, Paul Corfield wrote:
That's a wee bit earlier than I expected but is a clear sign
that the dreaded "pause" word doesn't seem to affect GOBLIN
electrification.

I thought the bits that had been paused had now been unpaused anyway?

[email protected] October 18th 15 12:42 PM

Goblin electrification

In article , (Someone
Somewhere) wrote:

On 17/10/2015 15:38, Paul Corfield wrote:
That's a wee bit earlier than I expected but is a clear sign
that the dreaded "pause" word doesn't seem to affect GOBLIN
electrification.

I thought the bits that had been paused had now been unpaused anyway?

It depends what you mean by "unpaused". They won't be completed within CP5
as originally intended. Some will be lucky to be completed within CP6, if
the Control Period system even survives the Treasury's assaults until then.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Recliner[_3_] October 18th 15 03:30 PM

Goblin electrification

Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 17/10/2015 15:38, Paul Corfield wrote:
That's a wee bit earlier than I expected but is a clear sign
that the dreaded "pause" word doesn't seem to affect GOBLIN
electrification.

I thought the bits that had been paused had now been unpaused anyway?

Unpaused, but delayed.

Someone Somewhere October 18th 15 03:42 PM

Goblin electrification

On 18/10/2015 16:30, Recliner wrote:
Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 17/10/2015 15:38, Paul Corfield wrote:
That's a wee bit earlier than I expected but is a clear sign
that the dreaded "pause" word doesn't seem to affect GOBLIN
electrification.

I thought the bits that had been paused had now been unpaused anyway?

Unpaused, but delayed.

Yes - but originally there were fears they were to be cancelled

Recliner[_3_] October 18th 15 03:58 PM

Goblin electrification

Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 17/10/2015 15:38, Paul Corfield wrote:
That's a wee bit earlier than I expected but is a clear sign
that the dreaded "pause" word doesn't seem to affect GOBLIN
electrification.

I thought the bits that had been paused had now been unpaused anyway?

Unpaused, but delayed.

Yes - but originally there were fears they were to be cancelled

I think that was always scare-mongering by people with a political agenda.

[email protected] October 18th 15 04:24 PM

Goblin electrification

Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 17/10/2015 15:38, Paul Corfield wrote:
That's a wee bit earlier than I expected but is a clear sign
that the dreaded "pause" word doesn't seem to affect GOBLIN
electrification.

I thought the bits that had been paused had now been unpaused anyway?

Unpaused, but delayed.

Yes - but originally there were fears they were to be cancelled

I think that was always scare-mongering by people with a political agenda.

I imagine that this was under discussion before, but do they plan to run
5-car trains as on the ELL/NLL?

Recliner[_3_] October 18th 15 05:04 PM

Goblin electrification

Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 17/10/2015 15:38, Paul Corfield wrote:
That's a wee bit earlier than I expected but is a clear sign
that the dreaded "pause" word doesn't seem to affect GOBLIN
electrification.

I thought the bits that had been paused had now been unpaused anyway?

Unpaused, but delayed.

Yes - but originally there were fears they were to be cancelled

I think that was always scare-mongering by people with a political agenda.

I imagine that this was under discussion before, but do they plan to run
5-car trains as on the ELL/NLL?

No, already discussed here recently. It will have 4-car Aventras, hopefully
from 2018. It's not certain if some platform extensions will be needed
even for those, but probably.

[email protected] October 18th 15 06:15 PM

Goblin electrification

Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 17/10/2015 15:38, Paul Corfield wrote:
That's a wee bit earlier than I expected but is a clear sign
that the dreaded "pause" word doesn't seem to affect GOBLIN
electrification.

I thought the bits that had been paused had now been unpaused anyway?

Unpaused, but delayed.

Yes - but originally there were fears they were to be cancelled

I think that was always scare-mongering by people with a political agenda.

I imagine that this was under discussion before, but do they plan to run
5-car trains as on the ELL/NLL?

No, already discussed here recently. It will have 4-car Aventras, hopefully
from 2018. It's not certain if some platform extensions will be needed
even for those, but probably.

I see.

And when do they plan to start turning wheels in anger under the wires?