Old February 20th 04, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Mobile sofa - can anyone confirm?

Six weeks ago I saw a middle aged man driving a large sofa at about 20 mph
turn into Oxford Street and go East towards Oxford Circus. It has taken this
length of time to convince myself that what I saw was real. As it was dusk
he had switched on the lighting which was a large standard lamp tucked
behind the sofa, illuminating all round as it had the usual lamp-shade.

It was really really amusing.

Was I hallucinating?

Brian

Old February 20th 04, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Brian Blandford" wrote in message
Six weeks ago I saw a middle aged man driving a large sofa at about 20 mph
turn into Oxford Street and go East towards Oxford Circus. It has taken

this
length of time to convince myself that what I saw was real. As it was dusk
he had switched on the lighting which was a large standard lamp tucked
behind the sofa, illuminating all round as it had the usual lamp-shade.

It was really really amusing.

Was I hallucinating?

Brian

I have seen it before, on a video i was given for Christmas once, a Jeremy
Clarkson one i think it was. There is also a skip too, and they raced the
skip against the sofa.

I think he has a little TV by his sofa too!

Old February 20th 04, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Brian Blandford ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

Six weeks ago I saw a middle aged man driving a large sofa at about 20
mph turn into Oxford Street and go East towards Oxford Circus. It has
taken this length of time to convince myself that what I saw was real.

Was I hallucinating?

While it is entirely possible that you were hallucinating, it's not
entirely impossible...

http://www.cummfybanana.com/cars/car_casuallofa.htm
Old February 20th 04, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Brian Blandford wrote:
Six weeks ago I saw a middle aged man driving a large sofa at about
20 mph turn into Oxford Street and go East towards Oxford Circus. It
has taken this length of time to convince myself that what I saw was
real. As it was dusk he had switched on the lighting which was a
large standard lamp tucked behind the sofa, illuminating all round as
it had the usual lamp-shade.

It was really really amusing.

Was I hallucinating?

Sometimes dreams are ever so real ... :-)

But wait - was this it?
http://www.castlemorpeth.gov.uk/morp...1?opendocument

Camelot were using it about a year ago in Morpeth, because a winning
ticket bought in the area has gone unclaimed. Perhaps it was a similar
stunt.

--
Richard J.

Old February 22nd 04, 06:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I met this Sofa/Car in West London one night and ended up having a lengthy
chat with the man driving it. It was a great piece of construction - built,
I think, around a Mini engine. Nice details, like the gear shift being
disguised as a packet of fags, left on the arm of the sofa.

. 1.4...