Old November 14th 15, 10:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Battleship Potemkin

I think one thing that we all agree on is that what London needs is seven or eight sets of Primorsky Stair replicas, but where should they go?

Old November 14th 15, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Offramp" wrote in message
I think one thing that we all agree on is that what London needs is seven
or eight sets of Primorsky Stair replicas, but where should they go?

where there's a hill we need to get to the top of

Old November 14th 15, 11:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:
I think one thing that we all agree on is that what London needs is
seven or eight sets of Primorsky Stair replicas, but where should
they go?

Given the absence of "OT" I assume you envisage TfL operating inclined
lifts to the sides of the stairs for accessibility ) And nice
convergence with Greenford thread

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Old November 14th 15, 12:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Eisenstein could give way to Einstein and we could have some relativity
stairs, along Escher's lines:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativity_(M._C._Escher)

Old November 14th 15, 05:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2015\11\14 12:03, tim..... wrote:

"Offramp" wrote in message
I think one thing that we all agree on is that what London needs is
seven or eight sets of Primorsky Stair replicas, but where should they
go?

where there's a hill we need to get to the top of

With a pram shop at the top and a children's hospital at the bottom.

Old November 15th 15, 05:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14/11/2015 12:44, Robin wrote:
Offramp wrote:
I think one thing that we all agree on is that what London needs is
seven or eight sets of Primorsky Stair replicas, but where should
they go?

Why not have just one set of fake replica Primorsky Stairs, which could
be moved between seven or eight places whenever Boris passes so that it
looks like London has lot of Primorsky Stair replicas?

Given the absence of "OT" I assume you envisage TfL operating inclined
lifts to the sides of the stairs for accessibility ) And nice
convergence with Greenford thread

http://www.odessaguide.net/sights_cablecar.en.html

Anyway, Platform 4 at West Croydon station could do with some steps
direct to the tram stop.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old November 15th 15, 06:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2015\11\14 12:44, Robin wrote:
Offramp wrote:
I think one thing that we all agree on is that what London needs is
seven or eight sets of Primorsky Stair replicas, but where should
they go?

Given the absence of "OT" I assume you envisage TfL operating inclined
lifts to the sides of the stairs for accessibility ) And nice
convergence with Greenford thread

Staircases are on topic. Unless they're in Cambridge, obviously.

I'm now wondering how many deep tube stations with multiple vertical
lifts for MIPs could have got away with fewer sloping lifts, suitably
placed and suitably angled. But I suppose drilling a diagonal lift shaft
is probably dearer than drilling two or three vertical lift shafts.
Old November 16th 15, 02:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:
I think one thing that we all agree on is that what London needs is
seven or eight sets of Primorsky Stair replicas, but where should
they go?

Why not have just one set of fake replica Primorsky Stairs, which could
be moved between seven or eight places whenever Boris passes so that it
looks like London has lot of Primorsky Stair replicas?

Given the absence of "OT" I assume you envisage TfL operating inclined
lifts to the sides of the stairs for accessibility ) And nice
convergence with Greenford thread

http://www.odessaguide.net/sights_cablecar.en.html

Anyway, Platform 4 at West Croydon station could do with some steps
direct to the tram stop.

very sensible idea, unlikely to be taken up though I imagine.

--
Martin

replies to newsgroup only please.
Old November 16th 15, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:
I think one thing that we all agree on is that what London
needs is seven or eight sets of Primorsky Stair replicas, but
where should they go?

Why not have just one set of fake replica Primorsky Stairs, which
could be moved between seven or eight places whenever Boris passes
so that it looks like London has lot of Primorsky Stair replicas?

Given the absence of "OT" I assume you envisage TfL operating
inclined lifts to the sides of the stairs for accessibility )
And nice convergence with Greenford thread

http://www.odessaguide.net/sights_cablecar.en.html

Anyway, Platform 4 at West Croydon station could do with some steps
direct to the tram stop.

very sensible idea, unlikely to be taken up though I imagine.

There already is an exit on platform 4 next to the tram stop?

Peter Smyth
Old November 16th 15, 06:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:
I think one thing that we all agree on is that what London
needs is seven or eight sets of Primorsky Stair replicas, but
where should they go?

Why not have just one set of fake replica Primorsky Stairs, which
could be moved between seven or eight places whenever Boris passes
so that it looks like London has lot of Primorsky Stair replicas?

Given the absence of "OT" I assume you envisage TfL operating
inclined lifts to the sides of the stairs for accessibility )
And nice convergence with Greenford thread

http://www.odessaguide.net/sights_cablecar.en.html

Anyway, Platform 4 at West Croydon station could do with some steps
direct to the tram stop.

very sensible idea, unlikely to be taken up though I imagine.

There already is an exit on platform 4 next to the tram stop?

But not right to it, not as obvious as it could be, and it always seems
to be locked on an evening (and weekends?) when I might want to use it.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK