Old January 27th 16, 11:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another spelling mistake on the Tube

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 16:33:06 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 16:12:33 on
Tue, 26 Jan 2016, Paul Corfield remarked:

It's funny, I've just been on a couple of long Singapore Airlines flights,
and their charming cabin crews are obviously trained to start every
encounter with, "Sorry to keep you waiting, Mr Recliner...", even if you've
not been waiting at all. So, say, you order a Singapore Sling or a G&T,
they come back with it in a couple of minutes, and still apologise for
keeping you waiting. It seems very polite at first, but gets a bit
irritating after a while.

Please don't take this the wrong way but the thought of a stewardess
saying "Mr Recliner" just made me laugh out loud.

It's obviously a cultural issue because I've only ever been addressed by
name on a small subset of Middle-East airlines.

Qantas cabin staff also address passengers by name in business and
first class, so perhaps not entirely cultural.

--
John Ray

Old January 27th 16, 11:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
It's obviously a cultural issue because I've only ever been addressed by
name on a small subset of Middle-East airlines.

Qantas cabin staff also address passengers by name in business and
first class, so perhaps not entirely cultural.

That only happens if your name is "Mate" though.

--
Spud

Old January 27th 16, 12:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:23:13 on
Wed, 27 Jan 2016, John Ray remarked:
Please don't take this the wrong way but the thought of a stewardess
saying "Mr Recliner" just made me laugh out loud.

It's obviously a cultural issue because I've only ever been addressed by
name on a small subset of Middle-East airlines.

Qantas cabin staff also address passengers by name in business and
first class, so perhaps not entirely cultural.

Quantas and Emirates codeshare, of course. When I flew to Brisbane it
was on Emirates.

Old January 27th 16, 01:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 13:29:17 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:23:13 on
Wed, 27 Jan 2016, John Ray remarked:
Please don't take this the wrong way but the thought of a stewardess
saying "Mr Recliner" just made me laugh out loud.

It's obviously a cultural issue because I've only ever been addressed by
name on a small subset of Middle-East airlines.

Qantas cabin staff also address passengers by name in business and
first class, so perhaps not entirely cultural.

Quantas and Emirates codeshare, of course. When I flew to Brisbane it
was on Emirates.

Codeshare - airline industry speak for sub contracting. Perhaps other
industries should take the same approach - order a new Ford, get a Vauxhall.
Order Virgin broadband, get BT.

--
Spud

Old January 27th 16, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 14:17:42 on Wed, 27 Jan
2016, Someone Somewhere remarked:

Quantas and Emirates codeshare, of course. When I flew to Brisbane it
was on Emirates.

Quantas?

A popular Australian airline m'lud.
Old January 27th 16, 02:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016\01\27 15:06, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:17:42 on Wed, 27 Jan
2016, Someone Somewhere remarked:

Quantas and Emirates codeshare, of course. When I flew to Brisbane it
was on Emirates.

Quantas?

A popular Australian airline m'lud.

The qantity of letters is wrong for that.
Old January 27th 16, 02:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 15:25:00 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
Done already. Order Plusnet, get BT; order a VW Sharan and get a Ford
Galaxy; order a John Lewis kitchen appliance and it's probably from
Electrolux.

Fair point.

--
Spud