Old May 8th 16, 10:07 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default Train driver ethnicity

On Sun, 8 May 2016 02:38:52 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/...nsport-for-lon

Not that Mr Khan is racist!

Old May 9th 16, 06:29 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 5/8/2016 11:07 AM, e27002 aurora wrote:
On Sun, 8 May 2016 02:38:52 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/...nsport-for-lon

Not that Mr Khan is racist!

I think his point was that, relative to the numbers of minorities, the
numbers working on public transport are small. As for his being racist,
this is just the usual reactionary self-pity. It's a bit off thread,
but in Birmingham I have never seen a black or brown person on a road crew.

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman
Old May 9th 16, 08:51 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 09 May 2016 07:29:59 +0100
Martin Edwards wrote:
On 5/8/2016 11:07 AM, e27002 aurora wrote:
On Sun, 8 May 2016 02:38:52 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/...o-many-white-m
n-on-transport-for-lon

Not that Mr Khan is racist!

I think his point was that, relative to the numbers of minorities, the
numbers working on public transport are small. As for his being racist,

Seriously? You ever been on a london bus and seen the driver?

this is just the usual reactionary self-pity. It's a bit off thread,
but in Birmingham I have never seen a black or brown person on a road crew.

So what? Perhaps they don't want to do it. Maybe we should press-gang some
into ditch digging and see how well that goes down with this scumbag and his
mates in the race relations industry.

--
Spud

Old May 9th 16, 09:11 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote:

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/...o-many-white-m
n-on-transport-for-lon

Not that Mr Khan is racist!

I think his point was that, relative to the numbers of minorities, the
numbers working on public transport are small.

Wasn't he just referring to the make up of the TfL board?

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old May 9th 16, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/...o-many-white-m
n-on-transport-for-lon

Not that Mr Khan is racist!

I think his point was that, relative to the numbers of minorities, the
numbers working on public transport are small.

Wasn't he just referring to the make up of the TfL board?

Yes he was. He said that there are 16 seats on the board and 13 of them are men. He said that having only three women was bad because it did not reflect the customers' sexual makeup.

Old May 9th 16, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/...o-many-white-m
n-on-transport-for-lon

Not that Mr Khan is racist!

I think his point was that, relative to the numbers of minorities, the
numbers working on public transport are small.

Wasn't he just referring to the make up of the TfL board?

Yes he was. He said that there are 16 seats on the board and 13 of them are
men. He said that having only three women was bad because it did not reflect
the customers' sexual makeup.

Hospital patients are 50/50 men and women but I haven't heard anyone from the
left making a fuss about the small proportion of male nurses or healthcare
assistants.

--
Spud

Old May 9th 16, 01:00 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote:

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/...too-many-white

n-on-transport-for-lon

Not that Mr Khan is racist!

I think his point was that, relative to the numbers of minorities, the
numbers working on public transport are small. As for his being racist,

Seriously? You ever been on a london bus and seen the driver?

I drove buses in London, though it was a long time ago.

In the garage where I was based (Brixton), about a third were English,
a third Irish and a third West Indian, and when any of those groups
were talking among themselves I couldn't understand a word they said.

You couldn't understand the english ones either? Were they speaking in rhyming
slang or something?

--
Spud

Old May 9th 16, 02:37 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Steve Hayes wrote:

I drove buses in London, though it was a long time ago.

In the garage where I was based (Brixton), about a third were English,
a third Irish and a third West Indian, and when any of those groups
were talking among themselves I couldn't understand a word they said.

You couldn't understand the english ones either? Were they speaking in rhyming
slang or something?

I am occasionally unable to understand my colleagues when they converse in
Deepest Bristolian...

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Old May 9th 16, 03:53 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 9 May 2016 14:37:01 -0000 (UTC), Anna Noyd-Dryver

http://www.hijackbristol.co.uk/board...-brizzle/?wap2
Old May 9th 16, 06:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016-05-09 14:27:29 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

wrote:

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/...o-many-white-m
n-on-transport-for-lon

Not that Mr Khan is racist!

I think his point was that, relative to the numbers of minorities, the
numbers working on public transport are small.

Wasn't he just referring to the make up of the TfL board?

Yes but why let facts get in the way of irrational, unfounded
"debate"?

Indeed. There's one school of thought that racist trolls should be
oppsed at every turn, another that it's best to ignore them. I tend to
do both depending on my blood pressure but should know that the latter
is the best way home.