Old February 28th 04, 07:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fog Inlet??

I was on a London Tube Platform and saw a glass-panel with the words
"Fog Inlet" printed on the glass.

What is a "Fog Inlet"?

Why do they want to let Fog INto the underground?

If an Inlet lets Fog out, how did the fog get in, in the first place?
And wouldn't that be a Fog Outlet?

Thanks!
Add "hoo" after "ya" to make the address on Yahoo.

Old February 28th 04, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
I was on a London Tube Platform and saw a glass-panel with the words
"Fog Inlet" printed on the glass.

What is a "Fog Inlet"?

Why do they want to let Fog INto the underground?

If an Inlet lets Fog out, how did the fog get in, in the first place?
And wouldn't that be a Fog Outlet?

I wonder if Fog is an acronym or codeword used by London Underground. There
are doors and signs in some stations with cryptic phrases like "Private Rod"
and I've always wondered what these mean - in the way that your mind tends
to speculate about anything and everything while you're waiting for the
train to come!

Old February 28th 04, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Martin Underwood" wrote the following in:
s.com
There are doors and signs in some stations with
cryptic phrases like "Private Rod" and I've always wondered what
these mean - in the way that your mind tends to speculate about
anything and everything while you're waiting for the train to
come!

There's certainly a lot of room for speculation there. I'd advise that
you just relax and don't do it, if you want the train to come.

--
message by Robin May, enforcer of sod's law.
MMR vaccine? I'll take mine triple strength with Red Bull please.

I once heard some Americans arguing about whether it's the Dark Blue
line or the Purple line. It's the Piccadilly line!
Old February 29th 04, 01:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:06:42 GMT, "Martin Underwood"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
I was on a London Tube Platform and saw a glass-panel with the words
"Fog Inlet" printed on the glass.

What is a "Fog Inlet"?

Why do they want to let Fog INto the underground?

If an Inlet lets Fog out, how did the fog get in, in the first place?
And wouldn't that be a Fog Outlet?

I wonder if Fog is an acronym or codeword used by London Underground. There
are doors and signs in some stations with cryptic phrases like "Private Rod"
and I've always wondered what these mean - in the way that your mind tends
to speculate about anything and everything while you're waiting for the
train to come!

Isn't it actually "Private R.O.D."? That on the door next to where
that pikey beggar and her kid sit in the cross-passageway between the
Picc & Bak platforms at Piccadilly Circus...
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk
Old February 29th 04, 01:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Nick Cooper wrote:

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:06:42 GMT, "Martin Underwood"
wrote:

.. .

http://snipurl.com/4snq