Old June 28th 16, 07:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Lifts List

In message , at 23:05:36 on Mon, 27
Jun 2016, Richard J. remarked:
Clive, I note that you still claim that Angel has "allegedly the
longest escalators in Western Europe". Probably they have the highest
rise (27.39m), but the escalators from Heathrow Terminal 5 to the
people movers that serve the satellite terminals are said to be "the
longest open design escalator in Europe" (whatever that means),

"In an open environment" says Kone's site. Which clearly means they are
excluding claustrophobic environments like Angel station.

though with a lesser rise of 21.75m.

Old June 28th 16, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Here is something I heard and I am not sure if it is a myth or not.

Sloane Square was not going to have escalators, but when a local resident found that out she said she would pay for them herself.
Old June 28th 16, 05:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin9 wrote:

Offramp;156540 Wrote:
I know Stratters pretty well. Where is that escalator?

At the western end of the subway, and leading to Westfield.

No, I think those are the ones shown as E3-4 and E5-6.

The 4.11m escalators are E1-2 and these are the ones going up from the
Jubilee line to the mezzanine level and the new Central line platform
3a, plus DLR platforms 4a/4b.

Peter Smyth
Old June 28th 16, 06:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 17:55:16 on Tue, 28 Jun
2016, Peter Smyth remarked:
I know Stratters pretty well. Where is that escalator?

At the western end of the subway, and leading to Westfield.

No, I think those are the ones shown as E3-4 and E5-6.

The 4.11m escalators are E1-2 and these are the ones going up from the
Jubilee line to the mezzanine level and the new Central line platform
3a, plus DLR platforms 4a/4b.

Talk of short escalators always reminds me of this photo:

http://ninfield.files.wordpress.com/...-diego-gym.jpg

Old June 28th 16, 07:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 17:55:16 on Tue, 28 Jun
2016, Peter Smyth remarked: I know Stratters
pretty well. Where is that escalator?

At the western end of the subway, and leading to Westfield.

No, I think those are the ones shown as E3-4 and E5-6.

The 4.11m escalators are E1-2 and these are the ones going up from
the Jubilee line to the mezzanine level and the new Central line
platform 3a, plus DLR platforms 4a/4b.

Talk of short escalators always reminds me of this photo:

http://ninfield.files.wordpress.com/...-diego-gym.jpg

Maybe those people are actually walking up the down escalator as a warm
up!

Peter Smyth

Old June 28th 16, 09:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016\06\28 20:00, Peter Smyth wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 17:55:16 on Tue, 28 Jun
2016, Peter Smyth remarked: I know Stratters
pretty well. Where is that escalator?

At the western end of the subway, and leading to Westfield.

No, I think those are the ones shown as E3-4 and E5-6.

The 4.11m escalators are E1-2 and these are the ones going up from
the Jubilee line to the mezzanine level and the new Central line
platform 3a, plus DLR platforms 4a/4b.

Talk of short escalators always reminds me of this photo:

http://ninfield.files.wordpress.com/...-diego-gym.jpg

Maybe those people are actually walking up the down escalator as a warm
up!

They're both down escalators!

Old June 28th 16, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 28.06.16 19:09, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 17:55:16 on Tue, 28 Jun
2016, Peter Smyth remarked:
I know Stratters pretty well. Where is that escalator?

At the western end of the subway, and leading to Westfield.

No, I think those are the ones shown as E3-4 and E5-6.

The 4.11m escalators are E1-2 and these are the ones going up from the
Jubilee line to the mezzanine level and the new Central line platform
3a, plus DLR platforms 4a/4b.

Talk of short escalators always reminds me of this photo:

http://ninfield.files.wordpress.com/...-diego-gym.jpg

I like this one:

http://guide-japan.seesaa.net/article/143872828.html
Old June 29th 16, 06:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 22:15:09 on Tue, 28 Jun
2016, " remarked:

I like this one:

http://guide-japan.seesaa.net/article/143872828.html

If you like escalators then the Fuji Building in Tokyo is a must-see.

The longest is 93.5 metres (with a short horizontal section halfway);
the building is supposedly 123m high and that escalator goes from the
7th(of 22) floor to the ground, so the rise is probably in the region of
40m which would give a slope of around 30 degrees.