Old June 29th 16, 07:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Lifts List

On Tuesday, 28 June 2016 22:15:08 UTC+1, wrote:

I like this one:

http://guide-japan.seesaa.net/article/143872828.html

That one is about 5 steps. I thought there was one like that in Victoria Station.
It is next to the Sainsbury's in the shopping centre upstairs, near the exit that leads to the Coach station.

Old July 4th 16, 09:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 28/06/2016 22:15, wrote:

On 28.06.16 19:09, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]
Talk of short escalators always reminds me of this photo:

http://ninfield.files.wordpress.com/...-diego-gym.jpg

I like this one:

http://guide-japan.seesaa.net/article/143872828.html

More on that one...
http://twistedsifter.com/2013/05/worlds-shortest-escalator-kawasaki-japan/

It goes down, not up, and there are stairs afterwards.

The futility is... mind boggling. Or is it beautiful? I'm not sure. It
has to be the result of a bet!
Old July 5th 16, 03:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016\07\04 22:51, Mizter T wrote:

On 28/06/2016 22:15, wrote:

On 28.06.16 19:09, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]
Talk of short escalators always reminds me of this photo:

http://ninfield.files.wordpress.com/...-diego-gym.jpg

I like this one:

http://guide-japan.seesaa.net/article/143872828.html

More on that one...
http://twistedsifter.com/2013/05/worlds-shortest-escalator-kawasaki-japan/

It goes down, not up, and there are stairs afterwards.

The futility is... mind boggling. Or is it beautiful? I'm not sure. It
has to be the result of a bet!

There is (or was) a half-length escalator at North Greenwich followed by
a staircase, as a result of a corridor being deleted from the plan
halfway thorough construction.
Old July 11th 16, 08:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Spiral escalators, Westfield shopping centre San Francisco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bahmYF0rKP4
Old July 11th 16, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 01:27:04 -0700 (PDT), CJB
wrote:

Spiral escalators, Westfield shopping centre San Francisco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bahmYF0rKP4

Neat, not seen one of those!

Old July 11th 16, 05:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I've seen that Japanese escalator, which I think is 5 steps.

The one at Victoria that I mentioned seems to be 6 steps. There are two together, on up one down and a lift to make certain.
Here it is.
https://youtu.be/bXxW6wHE4cI
Old July 11th 16, 09:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Spiral escalators, Westfield shopping centre San Francisco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bahmYF0rKP4

Neat, not seen one of those!

Isn't there one in Hong Kong?
Old July 12th 16, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

wrote:

Spiral escalators, Westfield shopping centre San Francisco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bahmYF0rKP4

Neat, not seen one of those!

Isn't there one in Hong Kong? ==== don't think so

More images he

https://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=spiral+escalators

http://gizmodo.com/feast-your-eyes-o...tor-1691920542

http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/...d_station.html

"Passageway to the platform to surface shaft not in use - accessed from the southern end of the platforms.

"...you'll find that the abandoned staircase leads to the back of the lift shaft in current use. Interesting fact, the empty shaft isn't a lift shaft and never was one. It was built to accommodate an experimental spiral escalator, which broke down frequently and never really worked well enough to go into service, so the shaft for it was simply blocked off and never used. The escalator itself was removed sometime in the 1950's and as far as I know, is in storage for the LT museum, but no documentation on it's construction exists anymore, so it's basically in bits. Mitsubishi though, have manufactured the World's first spiral escalators and they're in a shopping mall in San Francisco, but these are simply curved, rather than a full spiral as the Holloway Road one was." "