Old July 1st 16, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and

In article , d () wrote:

On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 10:04:46 -0500
wrote:
In article ,
d () wrote:

On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 14:10:21 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 13:55:26 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
Those would be from other EU countries.
Most of the people on the poster have brown skin and black hair,
some oriental faces among them, and someone wearing a fez or a
turban.

They were mainly Syrian refugees crossing from Croatia into
Slovenia, hoping to get to Germany. With or without Brexit, they
would not be allowed to enter the UK.

Until they got an EU passport.

And how would they get one of those?

Granted asylum in germany, granted citizenship, sorted.

All of which takes time, even assuming people want to come here rather
than continue in welcoming Germany.

It is hard to convey quite how much my late parents, 1930s refugees from
Berlin, would be dismayed to find Germany to be more welcoming to
refugees than the UK. I find it hard enough.

Its hard to convey quite how sick I am of hearing these moral
equivalence stories based on what someones ancestors might have
thought or felt. Its 2016, not 1939 and I somehow doubt your parents
were economic refugees.

Nor are the Syrian you moron.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old July 1st 16, 03:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 01/07/2016 16:34, wrote:
In article ,
d () wrote:

On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 10:04:46 -0500
wrote:

Recliner wrote:
Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
[...]

Some surprisingly are and are taking advantage of the situation - now,
whether that is a handful or a significant percentage is a different
matter. Some who claim to be Syrians, also aren't.

The situation is never quite black and white.

Now who was it the other day insisting on more tolerance around here and
to avoid name calling?
Old July 1st 16, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Bob is offline

wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jul 2016 10:04:46 -0500
wrote:

Recliner wrote:
Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
[...]

The gutter press in Britain in the 1930s didn't see it that way. Take a
look at [1], and for comparison, [2]. Plus ca change...

[1]
https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki...is_Country.jpg
[2]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-t-enjoy.html

Robin

Old July 1st 16, 04:42 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 andTurning South London Orange?

wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:15:45 +0200
Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
Roland Perry
wrote in news
In message , at 17:13:39 on Thu, 30 Jun
2016, Wolfgang Schwanke remarked:

Now that the entire population of the Middle East are no longer moving
to London

Brexit has no effect on migration from outside the EU.

It does, because it affects how many of the people camped at Sangette
(who are non-EU) get to the UK

They are illegal on both sides of the Channel already, and the UK has
its own immigration controls in place already. Brexit won't change
anything there. Something else is apparently not working, that won't be
fixed by leaving the EU.

Well hopefully once the law is re-adjusted and we no longer have to cowtow to
that ****ing human rights act then once these illegals are found they can be
booted out ASAP instead of parasite lawyers dragging the process out for years
with some variation on right to family life or BS a`bout being tortured if
they're sent back.

The recent vote was to leave the EU, not the European Convention on Human
Rights, which is separate from the EU...

See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro...n_Human_Rights
--
Jeremy Double
Old July 1st 16, 05:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 14:27:14 on Fri, 1 Jul 2016,
tim... remarked:
So Farage's infamous poster had no effect at all? What a waste of his
money.

Which of Farage's posters said "Vote leave and the queues of people trying
to *illegally* enter Britain will disappear?"

The one you claimed not to have seen.

why do you doubt that claim?

Brexit is all about legal immigrants, the people queuing up at Calais are
illegals

Er, no. Brexit is also about (or so the leave voters were told) reducing
legal immigrants,

Yeah, that's what I said

as well as being able to come down harder on illegal immigrants.

Oh no it's not

tim

Old July 1st 16, 05:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Wolfgang Schwanke" wrote in message

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com...8&h=498&crop=1

Brexit is all about legal immigrants,

Those would be from other EU countries.
Most of the people on the poster have brown skin and black hair,
some oriental faces among them, and someone wearing a fez or a turban.

The claim was suggesting that they would get in via the back door of being
fast tracked for passports by other EU countries.

not that they would be allowed through the barriers at Calais

tim

Old July 1st 16, 05:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 01/07/2016 14:40, Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:

Most of the people on the poster have brown skin and black hair,

This seems to be flagged up a lot. But if someone wanted to make an
equivalent poster showing (mostly?) white people to avoid discussion
focusing on skin colour rather than migration, where would they go?
AIUI, most people displaced from eastern Ukraine have gone elsewhere in
Ukraine or to Russia (do Crimean Tartars count as white in these
discussions?).

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old July 1st 16, 06:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 18:10:48 on Fri, 1 Jul 2016,
tim... remarked:

So Farage's infamous poster had no effect at all? What a waste of
his money.

Which of Farage's posters said "Vote leave and the queues of people
trying to *illegally* enter Britain will disappear?"

The one you claimed not to have seen.

why do you doubt that claim?

I don't doubt the claim, I'm just a bit surprised that someone who is
therefore so out of touch with current affairs feels his opinions should
be taken seriously.

Brexit is all about legal immigrants, the people queuing up at Calais
are illegals

Er, no. Brexit is also about (or so the leave voters were told)
reducing legal immigrants,

Yeah, that's what I said

as well as being able to come down harder on illegal immigrants.

Oh no it's not

See the poster dear Liza.
Old July 1st 16, 08:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 01/07/2016 21:28, Hils wrote:
On 30/06/16 18:21, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 11:21:22 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

Now that the entire population of the Middle East are no longer moving
to London, are any major schemes about to be cancelled?

Good grief. :-(

Indeed. Most of the population of the Middle East are staying in the
Middle East. It's mostly Middle Eastern retards, criminals and feckless
who are moving to Europe.

So nobody fleeing for their lives in the face of murderous onslaughts by
Assad or IS then?

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old July 1st 16, 08:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Now that the entire population of the Middle East are no longer moving
to London, are any major schemes about to be cancelled?

Good grief. :-(

Indeed. Most of the population of the Middle East are staying in the
Middle East. It's mostly Middle Eastern retards, criminals and feckless
who are moving to Europe.

So nobody fleeing for their lives in the face of murderous onslaughts by
Assad or IS then?

I assume Hils is a supporter of Assad, as they appear to share many of the
same policies.