Old July 1st 16, 08:31 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and Turning South London Orange?

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:15:45 +0200
Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
Roland Perry
wrote in news
In message , at 17:13:39 on Thu, 30 Jun
2016, Wolfgang Schwanke remarked:

Now that the entire population of the Middle East are no longer moving
to London

Brexit has no effect on migration from outside the EU.

It does, because it affects how many of the people camped at Sangette
(who are non-EU) get to the UK

They are illegal on both sides of the Channel already, and the UK has
its own immigration controls in place already. Brexit won't change
anything there. Something else is apparently not working, that won't be
fixed by leaving the EU.

Well hopefully once the law is re-adjusted and we no longer have to cowtow to
that ****ing human rights act then once these illegals are found they can be
booted out ASAP instead of parasite lawyers dragging the process out for years
with some variation on right to family life or BS a`bout being tortured if
they're sent back.

--
Spud

Old July 1st 16, 08:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and Turning

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 21:04:35 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 16:29:34 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:42:07 on Thu, 30 Jun
2016, d remarked:

I wonder how much it would cost to upgrade sections of the WCML so that
the pendilinos could actually do their design speed of 140mph?

Perhaps you should ask Network Rail, who spent ten years and 9bn failing
to do this within living memory.

Oh. Are there any sections that are 140mph ready?

No, not with the current signalling.

Where the hell did the 9 billion go , assuming that figure is correct?

--
Spud

Old July 1st 16, 08:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.railway-technology.com/projects/virgin/

Old July 1st 16, 08:52 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 01/07/16 09:31, d wrote:
Well hopefully once the law is re-adjusted and we no longer have to cowtow to
that ****ing human rights act

Which parts of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights would you be
happy not to apply to yourself?

Ian
Old July 1st 16, 08:58 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Wolfgang Schwanke" wrote in message
wrote in news
In message , at 17:13:39 on Thu, 30 Jun
2016, Wolfgang Schwanke remarked:

Now that the entire population of the Middle East are no longer moving
to London

Brexit has no effect on migration from outside the EU.

It does, because it affects how many of the people camped at Sangette
(who are non-EU) get to the UK

They are illegal on both sides of the Channel already, and the UK has
its own immigration controls in place already. Brexit won't change
anything there. Something else is apparently not working, that won't be
fixed by leaving the EU.

agreed

but almost no-one voted to Leave because they thought it might solve the
problem of the camps at Calais.

tim

Old July 1st 16, 09:47 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 01/07/16 10:28, d wrote:
If I illegally entered another country and commited a crime I wouldn't expect
to be able use my family as an excuse to stay, nor would I expect a load of
made up rubbish about what would happen if I got sent back have any weight
in any deporation decision either.

What makes you think that any of that happens now?

Ian
Old July 1st 16, 10:00 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 01/07/2016 10:47, The Real Doctor wrote:
On 01/07/16 10:28, d wrote:
If I illegally entered another country and commited a crime I wouldn't
expect
to be able use my family as an excuse to stay, nor would I expect a
load of
made up rubbish about what would happen if I got sent back have any
weight
in any deporation decision either.

What makes you think that any of that happens now?

He read it in the Sun…

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old July 1st 16, 10:41 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:58:59 on Fri, 1 Jul 2016,
tim... remarked:
They are illegal on both sides of the Channel already, and the UK has
its own immigration controls in place already. Brexit won't change
anything there. Something else is apparently not working, that won't be
fixed by leaving the EU.

agreed

but almost no-one voted to Leave because they thought it might solve
the problem of the camps at Calais.

So Farage's infamous poster had no effect at all? What a waste of his
money.