Old August 25th 16, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Trip to Stansted Airport

Hiya,

Planning to meet somebody at Stansted Airport in the near future, likely
on a workday, in order to see somebody off.

Can I thus use contactless from Liverpool Street?

If not, then how far out can I go on contactless and is it worth
splitting the journey?

Last question: Is there an ETA on Contactless/Oyster to Stansted?

Cheers.

Old August 26th 16, 07:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 18:11:26
on Thu, 25 Aug 2016, remarked:

Last question: Is there an ETA on Contactless/Oyster to Stansted?

Nothing's been announced. Was there something in the East Anglia franchise
award announcements?

Luton and Gatwick have featured as extensions, but I've not heard
Stansted being mentioned.
Old August 26th 16, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 26/08/2016 00:37, Mizter T wrote:
What was once called the London Connections map, the "London's rail and
Tube services" map, has the answer - it shows the area within which
Oyster and contactless Pay-as-you-go is available:

https://tfl.gov.uk/maps/track/national-rail

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/london-rail-and-tube-services-map.pdf

The last I heard from the utterly-reliable Govia Thameslink company it
was planned to extend Oyster/contactless cards to Luton Airport by
"autumn 2016". Indeed ticket barriers there and at Luton station had
"Oyster" pads fitted at least a year ago (originally with a sign saying
they were not yet working), but a wikipedia page says the timescale is
now "by 2018" which implies a considerable slip. Does anyone have any
more up-to-date information?

--
Clive Page

Old August 26th 16, 12:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 26.08.16 10:19, Clive Page wrote:
On 26/08/2016 00:37, Mizter T wrote:
What was once called the London Connections map, the "London's rail and
Tube services" map, has the answer - it shows the area within which
Oyster and contactless Pay-as-you-go is available:

https://tfl.gov.uk/maps/track/national-rail

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/london-rail-and-tube-services-map.pdf

The last I heard from the utterly-reliable Govia Thameslink company it
was planned to extend Oyster/contactless cards to Luton Airport by
"autumn 2016". Indeed ticket barriers there and at Luton station had
"Oyster" pads fitted at least a year ago (originally with a sign saying
they were not yet working), but a wikipedia page says the timescale is
now "by 2018" which implies a considerable slip. Does anyone have any
more up-to-date information?

Right.

And what's the deal with trips out to Stansted at this time?
Old August 26th 16, 12:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message , at 13:21:29 on Fri, 26 Aug
2016, " remarked:
The last I heard from the utterly-reliable Govia Thameslink company it
was planned to extend Oyster/contactless cards to Luton Airport by
"autumn 2016". Indeed ticket barriers there and at Luton station had
"Oyster" pads fitted at least a year ago (originally with a sign saying
they were not yet working), but a wikipedia page says the timescale is
now "by 2018" which implies a considerable slip. Does anyone have any
more up-to-date information?

Right.

And what's the deal with trips out to Stansted at this time?

If you mean "today", then buy a paper ticket. AGA probably have
e-tickets too, but buyer beware because the T&C are very
customer-hostile.