Old October 11th 05, 03:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default stansted airport

Hi all,

I plan to come on hollidays in London. Can you tell me
how to go from Stansted Airport to Kings's Cross Station ?
what is the less expensive ?

For 6 days of tourism in London, what is the best travelcard
to buy ? what is the price approximately ?

thanks a lot for your help

Denis

Old October 11th 05, 03:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In ,
denis typed:

I plan to come on hollidays in London. Can you tell me
how to go from Stansted Airport to Kings's Cross Station ?
what is the less expensive ?

The cheapest way would probably be the Terravision Airport Shuttle at
£7.00 single and £12.50 return. This will take you to Liverpool Street
station where you can catch a local bus or underground train to Kings
Cross.

Quicker would be to catch the Stansted Express (train) to Tottenham Hale
and change to the Victoria Line there.

You might like to have a look at Stansted's website which will lead you
to further information:
http://www.stanstedairport.com/

For 6 days of tourism in London, what is the best travelcard
to buy ? what is the price approximately ?

A 7-day Bus Pass will cost you £11 - this will take you all over
central London and the suburbs.
A 7-day Travelcard (Tube, DLR and bus) will cost between £18.50 (Zone 1
only) and £39.50 (Zones 1 - 6)

The Transport for London website can be found at:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/

Hope this helps

--
Bob

Old October 11th 05, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I plan to come on hollidays in London. Can you tell me
how to go from Stansted Airport to Kings's Cross Station ?
what is the less expensive ?

National Express run coaches with fares starting from £7 single, for
more information see:
http://www.nationalexpress.com/desti...r&agentid=baa1

There is also a Stansted Express train service, taking 45 minutes to
Liverpool Street, this is £24 return, as long as you make the return
within a month. You can book online directly at
http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?...891&g=12516031

For 6 days of tourism in London, what is the best travelcard
to buy ? what is the price approximately ?

If it's just for yourself, & you're a tourist you'll probably not need
to go outside of Zone 3, a 7 day travelcard Zones 1-3 is £25.
--
Joe Patrick
Railways Online - for GB railway news, information & photos
Old October 11th 05, 04:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In ,
Joe Patrick typed:

National Express run coaches with fares starting from £7 single, for
more information see:
http://www.nationalexpress.com/desti...r&agentid=baa1

I think you will find that the £7 fare on National Express will only get
you as far as Stratford (for the benefit of the OP, this is in east
London). The National Express fare to Golders Green (north London) is
£8 and to central London £10.

--
Bob

Old October 11th 05, 07:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I think you will find that the £7 fare on National Express will only get
you as far as Stratford (for the benefit of the OP, this is in east
London). The National Express fare to Golders Green (north London) is
£8 and to central London £10.

I try to avoid Nat Exp at all costs, but as they run both the train
service, and the bus service to Standstill I haven't got much choice,
what are the buses like are they reliable due to traffic?

Old October 17th 05, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

For what reasons do you try to avoid Nat Exp? I've never taken it
myself, but I've never heard anything bad about it.

Old October 17th 05, 06:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 17 Oct 2005 07:05:00 -0700, "LimeStone"
wrote:

For what reasons do you try to avoid Nat Exp? I've never taken it
myself, but I've never heard anything bad about it.

If you're 6'5" like I am, that's reason enough. Coaches are typically
designed for 10-year-olds, IMX.

Not a lot wrong with the service, just that it isn't at all
comfortable if you're over 5'. It also typically isn't any cheaper
than YP Railcard train fares.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain
Old October 17th 05, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

wrote:

For what reasons do you try to avoid Nat Exp? I've never taken it
myself, but I've never heard anything bad about it.

If you're 6'5" like I am, that's reason enough. Coaches are typically
designed for 10-year-olds, IMX.

Not a lot wrong with the service, just that it isn't at all
comfortable if you're over 5'. It also typically isn't any cheaper
than YP Railcard train fares.

I took the bus replacement they run from Liverpool St., and the coach was
pretty spacious (I'm 6'4). I have taken national express coaches before,
and they're most definitely smaller. Leg-snappingly so.

Neil

Old October 17th 05, 09:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:56:01 +0100, asdf
wrote:

Except for the £1 advance purchase fares on certain routes (though
admittedly none of them involve Stansted).

True, but none also involve Milton Keynes. Most are $CITY to and from
London, to compete primarily with Souter's Megabus.

Neil