Old May 15th 17, 10:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Victoria line signals

I noticed that green park southbound has a standard signal at the end of the
platform. Its obviously not needed by the driver so why is it still there?
Is it just to aid the platform staff?

--
Spud

Old May 22nd 17, 12:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Monday, 15 May 2017 10:24:48 UTC+1, wrote:
I noticed that green park southbound has a standard signal at the end of the
platform. Its obviously not needed by the driver so why is it still there?
Is it just to aid the platform staff?

--
Spud

I think all platforms have retained station starter signals as well as the old style repeaters. I think the starter signals are in case the drivers need to drive the train in degraded mode whereas the repeaters are to aid platform dispatch.

--
Paul C
via Google
Old May 22nd 17, 02:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 22 May 2017 04:35:29 -0700 (PDT)
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Monday, 15 May 2017 10:24:48 UTC+1, wrote:
I noticed that green park southbound has a standard signal at the end of the
platform. Its obviously not needed by the driver so why is it still there?
Is it just to aid the platform staff?

--
Spud

I think all platforms have retained station starter signals as well as the old
style repeaters. I think the starter signals are in case the drivers need to

Tbh it actually looks like a new LED style light. Curiously the driver started
closing the doors before the signal had actually gone green so I'm presuming
the computer in his cab gets the green light (pun intended) slightly before the
trackside signalling system.

Other ATO lines on the tube have a blue or white light for proceed in ATO
mode but the victoria line seems to have retained plain old red/green. Any
know if there's a particular reason for this?

--
Spud

Old November 17th 17, 03:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thursday, 1 June 2017 09:22:40 UTC+1, wrote:
On Thu, 1 Jun 2017 01:15:34 +0100
" wrote:
On 31.05.17 20:51, Richard wrote:
On Mon, 22 May 2017 13:22:12 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

Other ATO lines on the tube have a blue or white light for proceed in ATO
mode but the victoria line seems to have retained plain old red/green.. Any
know if there's a particular reason for this?

On other systems I've read about, green means clear to the next colour
light signal whereas white/blue means that you can start under ATP,
either ATO or manual, but the line isn't clear all the way to the
next. Perhaps those signals are 3-aspect? Does anyone have a good
reference for the Victoria signalling?

Richard.

Green - All trains clear

Blue - Trains under code clear

Red - Stop and stay

All I can say is I've never seen a blue aspect on the victoria line. What
signals remain seem to go straight from red to green in my experience.
However perhaps thats just station starters and the blue signals are in the
tunnels?

--
Spud

There are blue and white signals at the end of the platforms, you can probably only see them from the cab. I had a cab ride a couple of weeks back and did notice the odd green signal in between stations as well, but I think they were mainly near reversing points. Trains do move towards block marker boards, which are red and white in colour.
Old November 17th 17, 03:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

" wrote:
[...]

Come to think maybe the red and green are for engineers trains, would doubt they would have the ATO equipment fitted.