Old September 21st 17, 07:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 675 bus route

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 18:01:07 -0700, Nobody wrote:

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 17:38:28 +0100, Guy Gorton
wrote:

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 10:31:04 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 09:58:54 on
Wed, 20 Sep 2017, Guy Gorton remarked:
Nobody seems to have mentioned the main reason for the yellow US
school bus - it has protected status on the road. It is illegal to
pass it when it stops,

I think that's "pass it when it has its 'Stop' sign out". Some local
jurisdictions might have "pass one ever, at all".

Yes. I forgot to include the huge flashing yellow lights front and
rear which are switched on as the bus slows for a stop and switched
off, hopefully, as it moves away again. That is usually the "don't
pass" sign.

not just on your side of the road but on the
other side too. As far as I know, the rule does not apply to the
other carriage way of a divided highway (to use the US terminology).
I have driven many thousands of miles in the USA and have never seen
anyone defy that rule.. Its unfortunate spin off is that children
adopt an arrogant saunter across the road and do not learn respect for
traffic..

Some of them are driven like Fire Trucks too - "I believe I have
absolute priority, so get the f*ck out of my way". Especially when
exiting blind from school premises.

I noted that too.
Many of our school buses round here (south Bucks) are 6-wheel
doubledeckers, generally well driven but often gettting in the way!
And the children know the rules about crossing the road after the bus
has gone.

The USA scheme tends to involve the bus hanging around (with all the
traffic stopped) until the children have finished their crossing
manoeuvres. Try enforcing that in the UK!

And very bad training for children.

Guy Gorton

Scratching head

Pedestrians under law in British Columbia have the right-of-way at any
intersection: the rule of any intersection, controlled or not, creates
an unmarked crosswalk.

That is true in the UK too although many motorists do not seem to
jjnow it. but we are tslking about children getting off the school
bus which is probably stopped in a plain stretch of road, not an
intersection.

Guy Gorton

Old September 22nd 17, 12:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I thought I was excited about the 675 bus and I asked my friend the hamersmith and city line to ask on google forms whilst he was at the depot 51 posts later
we are talking about if pedestrians have the right of way.

Old September 22nd 17, 12:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 8:25:51 AM UTC+1, Hammersmith And City Line wrote:
Why is there no pictures on google of this route? its a bit suspicious. and who runs it??

Me and hamersmiths have a school bus for our train training academy however its a 6 minute walk away from our school???

but if you go to the more rich area where those bullet trains study there is a bus stop right in front of their schools NOT fair