Old April 6th 04, 08:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Commuting from Wimbledon

Brimstone wrote:

Dave Arquati wrote:

Brimstone wrote:

simon wrote:

Soon to be moving to Wimbledon or Wimbledon Park area.

I'll be travelling to Camden Town, other half going to Charing
Cross.

snipped

Wouldn't it be easier to live north of central London and avoid the
drag across in the first place?

But then the other half has to cross anyway. Either way someone will
have a longer journey. Unless they move to Warren Street.

Or Euston, Tottenham Ct Rd, Mornington Crescent? I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue
where would be best. :-)

Damn, I was asking for that.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old April 6th 04, 09:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati wrote:

Or Euston, Tottenham Ct Rd, Mornington Crescent? I'm Sorry I Haven't
A Clue where would be best. :-)

Damn, I was asking for that.

Anything to oblige. :-)) :-)

Old April 8th 04, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 09:16:43 +0100, Martin Rich
wrote:

In general
Waterloo is a pleasanter place to change from national rail to tube
than Vauxhall,

In what way? The distance at Vauxhall is shorter and you may have a
better chance of getting onto a Vic line train at Vauxhall than a
Northern line at Waterloo. Vauxhall is also a good five minutes
before Waterloo so should make up for any delay changing trains at
Euston.

and going home you'd have a better chance of a seat if
you start from Waterloo.

That's probably true, but it's only 15 minutes to Wimbledon so surely
not too much of a problem. And there's lots of trains to Wimbledon so
it's not too much of a hardship to let one go. I used to commute from
New Malden to Green Park via Vauxhall and found I got a seat quite a
lot of the time on the way home - if not at Vauxhall, then at the
Junction where a lot of people change.

Mind you, I did in the end settle on changing at the Junction for a
train to Victoria and walking the rest of the way - it's always much
more pleasant to leave the Tube out entirely!