Old April 6th 04, 07:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The Grand uk.transport.london Geographical Survey

In article , . wrote:

Much as apreciate where you may be coming from, have you not considered that
in the current climate such information might be extermly useful to
sepecific organisations
planning to achive maximum publicity?

You're saying trolls, newsgroup spammers, and other assorted lowlifes
are planning on taking to terrorism to frighten the netnews community
into complying with their demands? :-)

If you mean more conventional terrorism, don't you think there are more
obvious ways of getting that information? The distribution of people and
commuting patterns in London is hardly top-secret information.

This survey is intended to get an idea of the locations and travel
patterns of posters/lurkers in this group, which I can't imagine is at
all representative of London commuters at large...

Niklas

Old April 7th 04, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Niklas Karlsson writes
Please read this e-mail address backwards and send your responses to the
result: ku.oc.nez@43603nez

Posting since I've said it all before, and I think the guy worrying
about terrorists reading it is an idiot.

1) what postal district (e.g. TW1, E17, etc) do you live
in?

CB3

2) if you commute by rail, what station (any railway system) is at the
'home' end of your commute?

Huntingdon

3) what postal district do you work in?

N3

4) if you commute by rail, what station is at the 'work' end of your
commute?

Finchley Central

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old April 7th 04, 04:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ben Nunn" wrote in message

SW17.

Ah-ha!

Ian
(in the "SW12" end of SW17)

Old April 7th 04, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Ben Nunn wrote:
Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Niklas Karlsson
), in message
who said:

Assuming you commute within/into London,

And if I don't?

Then you don't get to participate. :-)

Seriously - oooops, I hadn't considered the possibility of commuting
*out*. I sit corrected.

Thanks for your answers.

Niklas
--
"I got a sweater for Xmas. I wanted a screamer or moaner. sigh"
-- from a FidoNet tagline

Old April 7th 04, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

In article ,
Niklas Karlsson writes
Please read this e-mail address backwards and send your responses to the
result: ku.oc.nez@43603nez

Posting since I've said it all before, and I think the guy worrying
about terrorists reading it is an idiot.

Perhaps he is, Clive, but now *he* knows where you live ...

tom

--
Throw bricks at lawyers if you can!

Old April 7th 04, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 at 16:59:40, Niklas Karlsson wrote:

Seriously - oooops, I hadn't considered the possibility of commuting
*out*. I sit corrected.

My husband does, too - from SW2 to RH1 (I think - Redhill, anyway).
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004
Old April 7th 04, 10:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message
In article ,
Niklas Karlsson writes
Please read this e-mail address backwards and send your responses to the
result: ku.oc.nez@43603nez

Posting since I've said it all before, and I think the guy worrying
about terrorists reading it is an idiot.

Personally, I am inclined to trust your view on this, as thinking about it
LUL I think publish's loading figures itself anyway.

Alex.

Old April 8th 04, 01:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Ian F. ), in
message who said:
"Ben Nunn" wrote in message

SW17.

Ah-ha!

Ian
(in the "SW12" end of SW17)

I'm in the SW19/CR4(?) end.

In fact, I'm in IP1 more of the time.

BTN

Old April 9th 04, 12:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Niklas Karlsson wrote the following in:

Alright, since I proposed it, I suppose I get to do it as well.
:-)

Please read this e-mail address backwards and send your responses
to the result: ku.oc.nez@43603nez

Assuming you commute within/into London,

1) what postal district (e.g. TW1, E17, etc) do you live
in?

E13

2) if you commute by rail, what station (any railway system) is at
the 'home' end of your commute?

It depends what mood I'm in and what mode of transport I'm using to get
home from the station.

If I'm riding my bike or getting a lift, or on rare occasions walking
I'll use West Ham, and it's my most frequently used station. I start
almost all my journeys there.

If I'm catching a bus I'll use Canning Town, and occasionally I'll
cycle from there. I rarely start journeys there though.

If I'm walking I'll use Plaistow. I rarely finish journeys there but if
I'm walking it's where I start them from.

3) what postal district do you work in?

I'm a student, my university is in WC2.

4) if you commute by rail, what station is at the 'work' end of
your commute?

Again it depends what mood I'm in. Lately I've been cycling from
Fenchurch Street. If I take the train the whole way I go to Holborn or
Temple, or catch a bus from Waterloo.

--
message by Robin May, enforcer of sod's law.
I don't have a physical beard, but I feel that my spirit does.

"You MUST NOT drive dangerously" - the Highway Code
There are 20,000,000 women wearing kinky boots.