Old April 10th 04, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Gatwick to Heathrow

In message , Peter Lawrence
writes
My mapping software says it's 45 minutes on a clear road. We don't yet
know what day, or time of day, the OP will be travelling.

Guess he's arriving in the early morning, as transatlantic flights
tend to.

At Gatwick, that's probably the case. However, there are late arriving
transatlantic flights at Heathrow, which means it's always best to ask.

You don't get a clear road then!!

You would at the weekend.

IMO the timing is very tight.

Everyone agrees that!

Nobody has mentioned the direct bus which, in spite of the traffic, is
probably the quickest, see
http://www.nationalexpress.com/p.cfm?n=pai-htg

Terry has. The problem being that you need to wait for the next one, and
apparently the journey Gatwick South to Heathrow T1-3 is noticeably
longer than Gatwick North to Heathrow T4.

Old April 19th 04, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

1. Are you a British or EU passport holder? (reduces immigration time at
Gatwick)

Yes, EU.

2. What day of the week and time are you scheduled to land at Gatwick?

A friday morning. The plane lands at 9.30(ish), so after rush hour.

3. What's the destination of your flight from Heathrow? (I'm thinking:
is it *really* necessary to fly from Heathrow?)

Yes, Ireland!

4. Would you be able to cope with your baggage on public transport,
including walking up and down stairs?

Yes, it'll only be one case.

Even if I don't make the second flight it's OK since the flights are
all on one ticket... so if I miss the connecting place I can just get
on the next one. I've already checked that one out with Aer Lingus.

Thanks for your advice.

D.