Old April 24th 04, 03:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default From Victoria to Stanstead

Hi guys,

I'll be arriving at Victoria Coach Station at about 11pm on 3rd June 2004
and looking to catch an early morning flight out to Italy on the 4th with
intention to stay overnight at Stanstead Airport.

My question is : At 11 odd pm, what options do I have in getting from
Victoria to Stanstead other than by cab which i'm not too keen on.

Any night service buses or tube or trains? Can anyone advice me on the
services or fare prices?

Thanks in advance.

--

______________________________________
Lawrence Lee

Old April 24th 04, 04:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Lawrence" typed

Hi guys,

I'll be arriving at Victoria Coach Station at about 11pm on 3rd June 2004
and looking to catch an early morning flight out to Italy on the 4th with
intention to stay overnight at Stanstead Airport.

My question is : At 11 odd pm, what options do I have in getting from
Victoria to Stanstead other than by cab which i'm not too keen on.

Any night service buses or tube or trains? Can anyone advice me on the
services or fare prices?

Thanks in advance.

A6 bus.

Runs regularly (half-hourly overnight, I think) from Victoria to
Stansted through the night.

I believe it's run by National Express. I don't think the fares are very
high but getting a return is cheaper.

I think other details would be available on line.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old April 24th 04, 06:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 11:31:05 +0800, "Lawrence"
wrote:

Hi guys,

I'll be arriving at Victoria Coach Station at about 11pm on 3rd June 2004
and looking to catch an early morning flight out to Italy on the 4th with
intention to stay overnight at Stanstead Airport.

My question is : At 11 odd pm, what options do I have in getting from
Victoria to Stanstead other than by cab which i'm not too keen on.

Any night service buses or tube or trains? Can anyone advice me on the
services or fare prices?

http://www.nationalexpress.com/nxair...ral_london.cfm

should be helpful.
--
Paul C

Old April 24th 04, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Lawrence
writes

I'll be arriving at Victoria Coach Station at about 11pm on 3rd June 2004
and looking to catch an early morning flight out to Italy on the 4th with
intention to stay overnight at Stanstead Airport.

My question is : At 11 odd pm, what options do I have in getting from
Victoria to Stanstead other than by cab which i'm not too keen on.

Direct coach service from Victoria to Stansted runs throughout the
night, roughly every 20 minutes. Journey time of 90 minutes. Fare ten
pounds. Details http://www.nationalexpress.com/

You will almost certainly be too late for the last train, which is the
23:30 from Liverpool Street - the coach is more direct, much cheaper and
very little longer considering you are starting from Victoria.

--
Paul Terry
Old April 24th 04, 01:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 at 11:31:05, Lawrence
wrote:

Hi guys,

I'll be arriving at Victoria Coach Station at about 11pm on 3rd June 2004
and looking to catch an early morning flight out to Italy on the 4th with
intention to stay overnight at Stanstead Airport.

My question is : At 11 odd pm, what options do I have in getting from
Victoria to Stanstead other than by cab which i'm not too keen on.

Any night service buses or tube or trains? Can anyone advice me on the
services or fare prices?

Thanks in advance.

You ought still to be able to get the Tube (it runs, I think, until
11.00 pm) to Tottenham Hale and then the Stansted Express on from there.
It will be a bit of a rush - if your coach is delayed for any reason,
you may miss the last Express, which leaves Liverpool Street at 23.59.

Backup plan - which will be slower but involve less walking, important
if you have luggage - catch a no 11 from outside the coach station to
Liverpool Street, from which there is apparently a night bus service to
Standsted, leaving half-hourly.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004

Old April 24th 04, 01:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Annabel Smyth
writes

You ought still to be able to get the Tube (it runs, I think, until
11.00 pm) to Tottenham Hale and then the Stansted Express on from there.
It will be a bit of a rush - if your coach is delayed for any reason,
you may miss the last Express, which leaves Liverpool Street at 23.59.

According to both National Rail Enquiries and the Stansted Express
website, the last Stansted Express leaves Liverpool Street at 23.30 and
calls at Tottenham Hale at 23.41 - that's gonna be one helluva rush even
if arriving at Victoria coach station on time at 23:00 !!

--
Paul Terry
Old April 24th 04, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Thanks for the invaluable advice!!

So the idea is to catch No. 11 from outside Victoria Coach Station to
Liverpool Street and catch a night service (leaving every 30mins) to
Stansted, right?

Thank you ppls once again!!

--

____________________________
Lawrence Lee

Old April 24th 04, 04:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Lawrence
writes

Thanks for the invaluable advice!!

So the idea is to catch No. 11 from outside Victoria Coach Station to
Liverpool Street and catch a night service (leaving every 30mins) to
Stansted, right?

NO, WRONG !!!!

The coach goes DIRECTLY from Victoria Coach Station to Stansted.

--
Paul Terry
Old April 24th 04, 04:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Lawrence" wrote in message
Thanks for the invaluable advice!!

So the idea is to catch No. 11 from outside Victoria Coach Station to
Liverpool Street and catch a night service (leaving every 30mins) to
Stansted, right?

Thank you ppls once again!!

No, there is no point taking a bus to Liverpool Street and then getting the
coach when there is a direct coach from Victoria as others have said.

Peter Smyth

Old April 24th 04, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 at 00:29:33, Lawrence
wrote:

Thanks for the invaluable advice!!

So the idea is to catch No. 11 from outside Victoria Coach Station to
Liverpool Street and catch a night service (leaving every 30mins) to
Stansted, right?

Thank you ppls once again!!

You could do that, but as others have pointed out, there's a direct,
frequent and all-night bus from Victoria Coach Station to Stansted, so
you might just as well get that - easier!