Old April 7th 05, 09:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Trains don't stop at Wembley Park...or do they?

So don't shoot me down in flames because I know little about the way
the Underground works but could someone answer me this question?

Why is it, when the Met trains to Uxbridge which say they aren't
stopping @ Wembley Park because of the reconstruction works, stop there
anyway! Albeit not to let passengers off. Now I'm sure there is a red
signal or something, but if that's the case (and if ALL trains have to
stop there anyway for some reason) why not run them all through a
platform that is open to let people on/off OR actually run non stop?

I'm sure there is a rational answer but it doesn't make sense to me

Chris.

Old April 7th 05, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

snip

Driver reliefs. Wembley Park is one of the crewing points on the
Metropolitan line, and as such trains need to stop to allow the drivers
to change. You can see similar activites taking place for Jubilee Line
trains as well.

Old April 8th 05, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote on Thu, 7 Apr 2005 -
So don't shoot me down in flames because I know little about the way
the Underground works but could someone answer me this question?

Why is it, when the Met trains to Uxbridge which say they aren't
stopping @ Wembley Park because of the reconstruction works, stop there
anyway! Albeit not to let passengers off. Now I'm sure there is a red
signal or something, but if that's the case (and if ALL trains have to
stop there anyway for some reason) why not run them all through a
platform that is open to let people on/off OR actually run non stop?

I'm sure there is a rational answer but it doesn't make sense to me

Chris.

They stop to allow for the drivers to be changed. It is not possible to
use another platform as then the train would not be able to call at
Preston Road and Northwick Park
--
Matthew P Jones - www.amersham.org.uk
My view of the Metropolitan Line www.metroland.org.uk - actually I like it
Old April 10th 05, 05:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Matthew P Jones wrote:
wrote on Thu, 7 Apr 2005 -
[...]

Excellent, thanks for that guys