Old May 3rd 04, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Nearest Tube to Greenwich

Hi there,

I would like to go to Greenwich, the exact line where the Lat is 0 degrees.
where can i find that?
which is the nearest tube station to it?
thansk!

--

Thank you.

______________________________________
Lawrence Lee
IT Officer
River View Hotel Singapore

Old May 3rd 04, 10:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Lawrence" wrote in message
Hi there,

I would like to go to Greenwich, the exact line where the

Lat is 0 degrees.
where can i find that?
which is the nearest tube station to it?
thansk!

--

Thank you.

______________________________________
Lawrence Lee
IT Officer
River View Hotel Singapore

This is reminds me of the Irish joke, when asked for the
best way to x, the Irishman replied, If i were you i would
not start from here.
No, LUL stations are not convenient for Greenwich. The
best place to "view" the 0 latitude is the Royal Observatory
in Greenwich Park. Take a train from London Bridge for
Greenwich or Blackheath (a local map may be useful) or DLR
(connects with LUL at various places) to Greenwich/Cutty
Sark station (this is the nearest station to the Park)

IanB

Old May 3rd 04, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

http://shop.lonelyplanet.com/subcoun...bcountryID=400
http://www.timeout.com/products/lon.html

--
u n d e r a c h i e v e r
Old May 3rd 04, 11:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 3 May 2004 at 16:58:13, Lawrence
wrote:

Hi there,

I would like to go to Greenwich, the exact line where the Lat is 0 degrees.
where can i find that?
which is the nearest tube station to it?
thansk!

The nearest tube would be the DLR station Cutty Sark. From there, it is
a short, steep walk up the hill to the Observatory, where the 0 degree
line is marked on the ground.

To get to Cutty Sark from Central London, go to Bank Station and get on
any DLR train that is going to Lewisham. It takes about 20 minutes.

One of the things I like best in my new job is that I get to go "to the
other side of the world" every day!
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004
Old May 3rd 04, 12:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Lawrence wrote:

Hi there,

I would like to go to Greenwich, the exact line where the Lat is 0
degrees. where can i find that?
which is the nearest tube station to it?
thansk!

As well as the DLR Cutty Sark, you can also go via Jubilee Line to North
Greenwich station (the station built for the Dome) and then get a bus from
there to Greenwich itself - a nice ride, which will allow you to see a bit
of the surrounding area on the way. North Greenwich is too far from
Greenwich itself to walk, but the 486 or 188 bus service will get you the
rest of the way.
--
Ian Tindale
Old May 3rd 04, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 3 May 2004 10:11:39 GMT, u n d e r a c h i e v e r
wrote:

On Mon, 3 May 2004 16:58:13 +0800, Lawrence wrote:
Hi there,

I would like to go to Greenwich, the exact line where the Lat is 0 degrees.
where can i find that?
which is the nearest tube station to it?

http://shop.lonelyplanet.com/subcoun...bcountryID=400
http://www.timeout.com/products/lon.html

Your answer is to tell someone to buy a guide book?

Cheers,

Jason.