Old May 6th 04, 11:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default How to get to Old Trafford

but i'm going on a non-match day
in fact, i'm going on a monday

Then the 250 bus (final destination will be "Trafford Centre") is probably
your best bet. Get off the train at Piccadilly and walk down to Piccadilly
Gardens bus station. It'll be obvious when to get off as you'll see the
ground.

It's a shorter walk from Oxford Road station.

Old May 7th 04, 06:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 06 May 2004 16:32:46 -0700, James wrote:

It's a shorter walk from Oxford Road station.

True, but a little more difficult to find the stop[1] - and given the
amount of roadworks going on there, together with Stagecoach's habit of
diverting services all over the place, Picc may be safer. Also, I don't
think the OP stated where he was travelling from - and in the event that
he's arriving at Picc on a long-distance service, it's probably as easy
to walk to the Gardens than to get another train to Oxford Road from 13/14.

[1] Is it using the one down the side of Whitworth St or the main one by
the bridge at the moment?

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
Mail me on neil at the above domain; mail to the above address is NOT read

Old May 7th 04, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
news

Also, I don't
think the OP stated where he was travelling from - and in the event that
he's arriving at Picc on a long-distance service, it's probably as easy
to walk to the Gardens than to get another train to Oxford Road from

13/14.

He specifically asked how to get from Chorlton Street to Old Trafford.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
75th Anniversary 2004, see http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm

Old May 7th 04, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 07 May 2004 10:16:29 +0000, Terry Harper wrote:

He specifically asked how to get from Chorlton Street to Old Trafford.

Ah, sorry - I didn't have the original, original post!

In that case I would certainly recommend Piccadilly Gardens. It'll be
easier to find, and is about the same distance as the Oxford
Road/Whitworth Street stop, if not closer.

That is, unless the 250 serves that stop by the Portland Building (right
by Chorlton St) which it may well do...

Neil