Old May 5th 04, 06:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default How to get to Old Trafford

Hi guys,
got a couple of questions.

1. How to get to Old Traffodrd, Man Utd's Stadium from Manchester Central,
Chorlton St (National
Express Coach Station) by bus or rail or a combination?
2. How long does the journey take?
3. How much does the journey cost?

Thanks!

--

____________________________
Lawrence Lee

--

____________________________
Lawrence Lee

Old May 5th 04, 09:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Lawrence" wrote in message
Hi guys,
got a couple of questions.

1. How to get to Old Traffodrd, Man Utd's Stadium from Manchester Central,
Chorlton St (National
Express Coach Station) by bus or rail or a combination?
2. How long does the journey take?
3. How much does the journey cost?

Go to http://www.pti.org.uk and use their facility. For Manchester GMPTE
have a journey planner that I've just tried and works well. The answer is
use the tram/metro from Moseley Street. Takes 9 minutes.

For Liverpool, use the Merseywise Travel Planner. http://193.128.182.103/
and put in Liverpool Football Club as the destination, then select Anfield
Road. It's a number 2 bus, taking 11 minutes, plus your walking time.

Actually, the latter link gives you both travel planners.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
75th Anniversary 2004, see http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm

Old May 5th 04, 12:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Lawrence" wrote in message ...
Hi guys,
got a couple of questions.

1. How to get to Old Traffodrd, Man Utd's Stadium from Manchester Central,
Chorlton St (National
Express Coach Station) by bus or rail or a combination?
2. How long does the journey take?
3. How much does the journey cost?

Thanks!

--

____________________________
Lawrence Lee

Not sure of the cost or time. But when I went to Old Trafford I took
the Tram which stops outside the cricket ground and serves the whole
city and then its just a case of a 5min short walk to the football
ground. Its well signposted.
Try http://www.gmpte.com/ for detials
Old May 5th 04, 08:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I don't know quite which train you wish to catch to Manchester
Central. Last I heard was that service finished in May 1966. Perhaps
you mean Deansgate or Piccadilly. The 252 or 255 from Deansgate will
drop you right at Old Trafforwotsit, as will the 250 from Oxford Rd.

Old May 5th 04, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 5 May 2004 13:18:31 -0700, (James) wrote:

I don't know quite which train you wish to catch to Manchester
Central. Last I heard was that service finished in May 1966. Perhaps
you mean Deansgate or Piccadilly.

There is a tramstop close to GMEX, the old Central station...

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Old May 5th 04, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 05 May 2004 13:18:31 -0700, James wrote:

I don't know quite which train you wish to catch to Manchester
Central. Last I heard was that service finished in May 1966. Perhaps
you mean Deansgate or Piccadilly. The 252 or 255 from Deansgate will
drop you right at Old Trafforwotsit, as will the 250 from Oxford Rd.

A bit OT, but never mind...

On match days, there is a train service. This normally operates from
Alderley Edge or Crewe via Piccadilly, Oxford Road and Deansgate to
Manchester United Football Ground Halt, which is literally attached to the
side of the ground. You're more likely to have a pleasant journey on
there than on the overcrowded trams.

Outside match days, bus 250 (goes from Picc Gardens down Whitworth Street
unless things have changed) or the tram - or possibly the other buses as
above (I'm not familiar with those ones).

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
Mail me on neil at the above domain; mail to the above address is NOT read

Old May 6th 04, 03:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On match days, there is a train service. This normally operates from
Alderley Edge or Crewe via Piccadilly, Oxford Road and Deansgate to
Manchester United Football Ground Halt, which is literally attached to the
side of the ground. You're more likely to have a pleasant journey on
there than on the overcrowded trams.

A couple of seasons ago I used the special train service to Old Trafford, there
was 4 trains going to Old Trafford before the match., 2 from Crewe and 2 from
Alderley Edge I believe. I did have to get a seperate ticket from Piccadilly to
get there but the train did drop me right outside the ground.
Hope this helps.

Burkey
Old May 6th 04, 09:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

but i'm going on a non-match day
in fact, i'm going on a monday

--

Thank you.

______________________________________
Lawrence Lee
IT Officer
River View Hotel Singapore

Old May 6th 04, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Lawrence wrote:

Hi guys,
got a couple of questions.

1. How to get to Old Traffodrd, Man Utd's Stadium from Manchester Central,
Chorlton St (National
Express Coach Station) by bus or rail or a combination?
2. How long does the journey take?
3. How much does the journey cost?

Thanks!

And I would have thought this was the uk.transport.london group. Oh
well, I was surely mistaken ;-)

--
Lars Elmvang
Min mailadresse finder du ved kun at skrive det overeksponerede

Old May 6th 04, 05:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 06 May 2004 17:43:08 +0800, Lawrence wrote:

but i'm going on a non-match day
in fact, i'm going on a monday

Then the 250 bus (final destination will be "Trafford Centre") is probably
your best bet. Get off the train at Piccadilly and walk down to Piccadilly
Gardens bus station. It'll be obvious when to get off as you'll see the
ground.

Neil