London Banter

-   -   Latest Heathrow master plan (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17663-latest-heathrow-master-plan.html)

tim... December 16th 19 08:16 AM

Latest Heathrow master plan

"Clive D.W. Feather" wrote in message
In article , tim...
writes
Apex Corner
Stirling Corner
Biggleswade x 2
Sandy
Black Cat
Buckden

That's a rather strange definition of "The Midlands"

Boltar clearly comes from sarf of the Thames.

I have a vague memory that if you try to divide the UK by population
into three equal parts with two east-west lines, one goes through St.
Albans and the other through Peterborough. But I could be wrong and
can't be bothered to seek out the data and reconstruct it.

Sorry, doesn't pass scrutiny

If we just look at GB,

the total population is around 61,500,000,

so one third is 20,500,000

Population of Scotland + NW + NE + Yorks regions is 20,300,000, and that
doesn't include the part of Wales and East Mids that are north of the
southernmost point of the others.

So a line somewhere around Chester demarcates the Northern part

Adding in NI to consider UK as a whole moves the point further North

SE + SW + London is 22,000,00 so a point somewhere between St Albans and
Luton could be the southern part

tim

David Walters December 16th 19 08:46 AM

Latest Heathrow master plan

On Sun, 15 Dec 2019 14:22:29 +0000, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
In article , Basil Jet
writes
On 15/12/2019 09:59, wrote:
I doubt many people use the A1 for long distance travel in the south or

midlands
as there are too many roundabouts,

I think the A1/A1M has two or three roundabouts between the London
boundary and Northumberland.

Off the top of my head the only one I can think of is the Black Cat.

Google Maps says that, after the A411 in Borehamwood,

The A411 roundabout (Stirling Corner) is in London, the Barnet boundary
runs on the west side of the A1 as far as the A5135.

[email protected] December 16th 19 08:50 AM

Latest Heathrow master plan

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 00:23:11 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
In article , tim...
writes
Apex Corner
Stirling Corner
Biggleswade x 2
Sandy
Black Cat
Buckden

That's a rather strange definition of "The Midlands"

Boltar clearly comes from sarf of the Thames.

Neil lives in northeast London.

Wrong. Have another go.

[email protected] December 16th 19 08:52 AM

Latest Heathrow master plan

On Sun, 15 Dec 2019 23:27:49 +0000
"Clive D.W. Feather" wrote:
In article , tim...
writes
Apex Corner
Stirling Corner
Biggleswade x 2
Sandy
Black Cat
Buckden

That's a rather strange definition of "The Midlands"

Boltar clearly comes from sarf of the Thames.

Its all norf o' wotfard init? ;)

I guess it depends how you define bedfordshires location. I'd call it the south
midlands and I'd say "the south" ends at the northern hertfordshire border.
But thats just how I think of it, ymmv.

Marland December 16th 19 09:40 AM

"Clive D.W. Feather" wrote:
In article , tim...
writes
Apex Corner
Stirling Corner
Biggleswade x 2
Sandy
Black Cat
Buckden

That's a rather strange definition of "The Midlands"

Boltar clearly comes from sarf of the Thames.

Its all norf o' wotfard init? ;)

I guess it depends how you define bedfordshires location. I'd call it the south
midlands and I'd say "the south" ends at the northern hertfordshire border.
But thats just how I think of it, ymmv.

Ignoring some that shifted at the weekend the old ITV regions were a
reasonable guide to where an area
was supposed to be a situation that is completely mucked up now with
places like Bicester being reported on
on broadcasts alongside reports about Bournemouth.

GH

Recliner[_4_] December 16th 19 03:08 PM

Recliner wrote:
Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
In article , tim...
writes
Apex Corner
Stirling Corner
Biggleswade x 2
Sandy
Black Cat
Buckden

That's a rather strange definition of "The Midlands"

Boltar clearly comes from sarf of the Thames.

Neil lives in northeast London.

Wrong. Have another go.

I suppose you prefer to call it North London?

[email protected] December 16th 19 03:40 PM

Latest Heathrow master plan

Recliner wrote:
Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
In article , tim...
writes
Apex Corner
Stirling Corner
Biggleswade x 2
Sandy
Black Cat
Buckden

That's a rather strange definition of "The Midlands"

Boltar clearly comes from sarf of the Thames.

Neil lives in northeast London.

Wrong. Have another go.

I suppose you prefer to call it North London?

You're assuming I still live in London. But keep guessing, its amusing.