Old November 27th 19, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Paul Corfield

I believe Paul was a regular here some time ago (and was very
knowledgable about LUL and buses).

I've just been informed that he died last Sunday 24 November 2019 from
cancer.

He will be sorely missed.

Old November 27th 19, 10:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

London calling wrote:
I believe Paul was a regular here some time ago (and was very
knowledgable about LUL and buses).

I've just been informed that he died last Sunday 24 November 2019 from
cancer.

He will be sorely missed.

Very shocking news.

He hadn't been active here for some time, but I had no idea he was ill. As
you say, he was very well informed, and always balanced and polite in his
postings. A real gent, and very professional.

Very sad that he'll not be back.

Old November 28th 19, 12:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 27/11/2019 22:12, London calling wrote:
I believe Paul was a regular here some time ago (and was very
knowledgable about LUL and buses).

I've just been informed that he died last Sunday 24 November 2019 from
cancer.

He will be sorely missed.

He was by far the most knowledgeable person here on TfL issues, and was
far from old... late 50s maybe. Let's hope he's gone to a place that has
fewer overheating problems than the top of a Roastmaster.

[Crossposted to uk.railway]

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Tap Tap - 2006 - Lanzafame
Old November 28th 19, 12:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 22:12:00 +0000, London calling
wrote:

I believe Paul was a regular here some time ago (and was very
knowledgable about LUL and buses).

I've just been informed that he died last Sunday 24 November 2019 from
cancer.

He will be sorely missed.

This is very sad news. I always scanned threads for his replies as
they were most interesting and informative.

His Flickr photos are he
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24759744@N02/

--
jhk
Old November 28th 19, 12:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:

I believe Paul was a regular here some time ago (and was very
knowledgable about LUL and buses).

I've just been informed that he died last Sunday 24 November 2019 from
cancer.

He will be sorely missed.

This is very sad news. I always scanned threads for his replies as
they were most interesting and informative.

His Flickr photos are he
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24759744@N02/

I see he posted this message there five months ago:

"Just a message to explain the lack of uploads recently. I have been
diagnosed with a very serious medical condition. This means photography is
pretty much out of the question. At this point in time I've no idea how
long recovery may take or even if it that is likely.

I have set things up that my account will auto renew shortly for a year so
my full set of photos will remain online for your enjoyment. Thank you all
for your continued support of my Flickrstream."

Old November 28th 19, 11:17 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Yes this is very sad, particularly at a fairly young age. I was wondering
why he no longer posted in this forum.
Old November 28th 19, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Robin9 wrote:

Yes this is very sad, particularly at a fairly young age. I was
wondering
why he no longer posted in this forum.

I think he dropped out if here before the illness. I think he may still
have been active elsewhere till about five months ago.

Does anyone know his age? I couldn't locate him on LinkedIn.

I found this that he tweeted on 29 Oct:
"Personal update - am no longer at home. Am in local palliative unit at
Whipped Cross hospital. Had become too weak to manage independently so
possibly best place for me now. Both GP and new consultant involved in
decision."

I wish I'd followed him on Twitter, as he provided regular news on his
worsening illness.

Old November 28th 19, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 28/11/2019 16:04, Recliner wrote:
Robin9 wrote:

Yes this is very sad, particularly at a fairly young age. I was
wondering
why he no longer posted in this forum.

I think he dropped out if here before the illness. I think he may still
have been active elsewhere till about five months ago.

Does anyone know his age? I couldn't locate him on LinkedIn.

I found this that he tweeted on 29 Oct:
"Personal update - am no longer at home. Am in local palliative unit at
Whipped Cross hospital. Had become too weak to manage independently so
possibly best place for me now. Both GP and new consultant involved in
decision."

I wish I'd followed him on Twitter, as he provided regular news on his
worsening illness.

He is in a better place, one has to believe, regardless of whether that
person is religious or not.

Old November 28th 19, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Robin9 wrote:

Yes this is very sad, particularly at a fairly young age. I was
wondering
why he no longer posted in this forum.

I think he dropped out if here before the illness. I think he may still
have been active elsewhere till about five months ago.

Does anyone know his age? I couldn't locate him on LinkedIn.

I found this that he tweeted on 29 Oct:
"Personal update - am no longer at home. Am in local palliative unit at
Whipped Cross hospital. Had become too weak to manage independently so
possibly best place for me now. Both GP and new consultant involved in
decision."

I wish I'd followed him on Twitter, as he provided regular news on his
worsening illness.

He is in a better place, one has to believe, regardless of whether that
person is religious or not.

Yes, going through his tweets, he had a sad, miserable last few months. He
doesn't seem to have had close family, and I don't think he was religious.
He used music as a distraction.

I've had 2 family members die of cancer - its a miserable way to go. Despite
the fact that new medicine is being developed we seem to hear about it more
and more. I suppose its what gets you when everything else has been cured.