Old November 26th 05, 05:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Good Luck, Paul Corfield

Get that CV in quick...

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/news...AIN-LONDON.xml

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old November 26th 05, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 06:16:56 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Get that CV in quick...

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/news...AIN-LONDON.xml

LOL!

I don't whether to be flattered or not. I'm 100% certain that I would
never make the candidate list.

Looking back to a Evening Standard article a number of weeks ago I think
it can be assumed that it's a battle between Peter Hendy, Jay Walder and
a complete outsider who has Ken's ear or is an anointed choice of Bob
Kiley. As they say - we are in interesting times.

--
Paul C

Old November 26th 05, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
As they say - we are in interesting times.

It's not really that bad ... is it?

Old November 26th 05, 10:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:35:07 +0000 (UTC), "Brimstone"
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:
As they say - we are in interesting times.

It's not really that bad ... is it?

I was referring to how the succession may happen. I then read this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/transport/...650614,00.html

which added another possible angle to what has been going on. IMO the
succession will either be incredibly smooth or will be a fractious mess.
We'll wait and see.
--
Paul C

Old November 26th 05, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:
As they say - we are in interesting times.

It's not really that bad ... is it?

I was referring to how the succession may happen.

I was referring to the alleged ancient Chinese curse, "May you live in
interesting times". :-)

I then read this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/transport/...650614,00.html

which added another possible angle to what has been going on. IMO the
succession will either be incredibly smooth or will be a fractious
mess. We'll wait and see.

Indeed. Let's just hope the system doesn't suffer as a result.

Old November 26th 05, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:
As they say - we are in interesting times.

It's not really that bad ... is it?

I was referring to how the succession may happen. I then read this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/transport/...650614,00.html

which added another possible angle to what has been going on. IMO the
succession will either be incredibly smooth or will be a fractious mess.
We'll wait and see.
--
Paul C

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...890030,00.html

If you read the article in yesterday's Times, it seems like the finance
director might be Kiley's annointed successor, because Ken wants someone who
is good on the financial detail. Interesting that Kiley's departure was
announced while he was out of the country.

Paul Scott

Old November 26th 05, 01:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Get that CV in quick...

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/news...AIN-LONDON.xml

LOL!

I don't whether to be flattered or not. I'm 100% certain that I would
never make the candidate list.

Heh! But I was wondering the same myself all yesterday, along with,
"This is front-page news in the Guardian, why isn't it being mentioned
in utl?"

Looking back to a Evening Standard article a number of weeks ago I think
it can be assumed that it's a battle between Peter Hendy, Jay Walder and
a complete outsider who has Ken's ear or is an anointed choice of Bob
Kiley. As they say - we are in interesting times.

Ooh, inside dirt! Keep dishing it out.

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN
Old November 26th 05, 01:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 11:54:27 +0000 (UTC),
Paul Scott
wrote in :

Interesting that Kiley's departure was
announced while he was out of the country.

It's _definitely_ not the first time I've seen that happen...
(How do they manage to phone in their resignations, given time-zone
differences, etc.? :-)

Old November 26th 05, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

I'm 100% certain that I would never make the candidate list.

I wanted to see your signature change to

"I admit that London Underground works for me!"

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old November 26th 05, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 15:20:06 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .

I'm 100% certain that I would never make the candidate list.

I wanted to see your signature change to

"I admit that London Underground works for me!"

LOL! again. Whatever you're on can I have some please?
--
Paul C