Old March 6th 21, 04:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New piccadilly line trains

"Recliner" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 10:35:09 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 16:56:45 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ine-trains-unv
iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on
the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of
wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same
job.

That's what LU wants to do, with only short gaps between orders, so the
Goole factory can stay in continuous production, and perhaps even move on
to a new Jubilee line fleet. But there's only the budget for the first
phase of the Piccadilly order, not even the second phase (the extra
trains
to take advantage of the higher frequencies possible with the planned,
but
currently unfunded, new signalling system).

TfL doesn't have the funding for anything beyond that, and the DfT and
Treasury are not being generous to Labour mayors. If, by some amazing
chance, we have Mayor Bailey after May, the funding might be more likely
be available.

I suspect the bakerloo extension is dead in the water for another
generation
too.

Are there are Tory marginal seats along the route?

seems unlikely

SE London is a sea of Red until you get to Bromley

Old March 6th 21, 04:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

[...]

And the Bromley Tories don't want it:
https://853.london/2020/02/26/we-still-dont-want-bakerloo-line-extension-to-hayes-bromley-council-leader-insists/

Old March 8th 21, 12:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ne-trains-unve
iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

BTW, this latest post of yours has broken the indexing in NewsTap.

Though curiously only in uk.railway, not in u.t.l (for me, at least).

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Old March 8th 21, 12:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 17:00:04 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ine-trains-unv
iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

BTW, this latest post of yours has broken the indexing in NewsTap.

Beats me, I haven't changed anything. Perhaps newstap has pushed out an
update recently thats buggy or perhaps aioe have updated their servers and
are screwing up the headers somehow. I'd put money on newstap however.

No updates to NewsTap for over a year. The problem affects users of
different news servers, not just aioe.

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Old March 8th 21, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ine-trains-unv
iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

BTW, this latest post of yours has broken the indexing in NewsTap.

Beats me, I haven't changed anything. Perhaps newstap has pushed out an
update recently thats buggy or perhaps aioe have updated their servers and
are screwing up the headers somehow. I'd put money on newstap however.

No updates to NewsTap for over a year. The problem affects users of
different news servers, not just aioe.

Neil posts through aioe, so, in a sense, we're all being exposed to that server when we download his posts. I don't know
if anyone else here posts through that server?

Old March 8th 21, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

[...]

I do when ES is misbehaving itself

Not done so for over a year though

Old March 8th 21, 05:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ine-trains-unv

iled-tfl-b922086.html

Lets hope sense prevails and once these have had a good shakedown on the
picc they order them for the bakerloo, central and W&C instead of wasting
time and money on yet another round of tenders to do the exact same job.

BTW, this latest post of yours has broken the indexing in NewsTap.

Beats me, I haven't changed anything. Perhaps newstap has pushed out an
update recently thats buggy or perhaps aioe have updated their servers and
are screwing up the headers somehow. I'd put money on newstap however.

No updates to NewsTap for over a year. The problem affects users of
different news servers, not just aioe.

Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

Old March 8th 21, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

[...]

No, it started happening some months ago. Perhaps four? It doesn't happen
every time you post — it can go weeks without problems. So it's not that
your posts are guaranteed to break it, but they seem to be part of some
unusual combination of events that do. Those other unknown events may be
nothing to do with you.

Old March 8th 21, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
wrote:

[...]

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any
suggestions btw!); it's a problem which happens intermittently, at
unpredictable intervals (and hadn't happened before that, in my whole time
of using NewsTap).

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Old March 9th 21, 08:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 20:54:51 -0000 (UTC)
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
Well if its only started happening and newstap hasn't been updated for over
a year and my code hasn't been updated in 4 months then the problem lies
elsewhere.

It first happened around 4 months ago, I think (I'm not making any

Right, and if I'd said 6 months ago you'd have also said 6.